Beta period, goals?

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
greenwoodkl

Beta period, goals?

Post by greenwoodkl »

Just curious when beta will be dropped from this site?

Also, how is the site doing on the goals set earlier this year for membership, usage, etc?
PhillipsCJ

Post by PhillipsCJ »

kgthunder wrote:Just curious when beta will be dropped from this site?
see http://tech.lds.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4699&postcount=13
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

kgthunder wrote:Also, how is the site doing on the goals set earlier this year for membership, usage, etc?
We are below our goals for membership BUT the great news is some of the participation that we are receiving from other departments. I'm very encouraged by their participation and support.

Tom
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Personally I think that the involvement from the inside of the church is more of an indicator of success then the general membership. Once other departments start asking for opinions then the external involvement will increase.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Are there any estimates of the size of the "tech subculture" in the church? Otherwise it would seem to be hard to estimate how big this could get. There's a lot of people who use tech, but how many actually "live and breath" it?

In any case, quality is more important then quantity in my book.

Growth is not linear. The important thing is to reach "critical mass" for the next step.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Depends, I think a large portion of the 18-40 age group is actually tech savvy and would participate on the boards if they knew there was more church involvement. As for living and breathing tech I see that start going down as BYU's tech field enrollment is currently falling fast. (And that is pretty close to the national average as our professors keep telling us)
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:Depends, I think a large portion of the 18-40 age group is actually tech savvy
Tech savvy and interested are two different things.

thedqs wrote:As for living and breathing tech I see that start going down as BYU's tech field enrollment is currently falling fast. (And that is pretty close to the national average as our professors keep telling us)
I wonder what's going on. Has tech lost it's sizzle? Are computers headed the way of the electronics hobby? :confused:
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

No the book "The World is Flat" has convinced parents that all the tech jobs will be outsourced and that the USA will just have managers, lawyers and teachers.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

So now it's just the students who like tech and those just chasing a paycheck are going somewhere else?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

thedqs wrote:Personally I think that the involvement from the inside of the church is more of an indicator of success then the general membership. Once other departments start asking for opinions then the external involvement will increase.
Correct! The purpose we have this web site is not only to share with you what we are doing, but it is to leverage your talents and experiences (read: we need internal departments asking for feedback).

Tom

Return to “Help with this forum”