Working: Roku Channel for General Conference

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
warrenfrancis

Working: Roku Channel for General Conference

Post by warrenfrancis »

I've completed a proof-of-concept channel for the Roku set-top box that allows viewers to watch past sessions (NOT live streaming) of Conference on their TV.

I still have some work to do to make it polished enough to open it up to public testing, but what are the steps to make sure that whatever gets released is OK with Church Headquarters? Since conference is copyrighted, am I running afoul of any laws to just link to the Church's video URLs?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How would that be different then the Mormon Channel for Roku being discussed here?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
warrenfrancis

Post by warrenfrancis »

Not very different at all! I'm new to tech.lds.org, and wasn't aware of that thread. I'll join the discussion there, thanks.
scott793992

Roku Channel suggestion

Post by scott793992 »

I really LOVE music and the spoken word. I thought I would add a vote to possibly adding this to the ROKU channel if it is not too late. :)

I am really excited about this channel and would love to participate in any trial groups.

Scott

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”