Ward Rechartering Costs

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

Ward Rechartering Costs

Post by wrigjef »

Are these costs to be paid by the stake out of a reimbursable account? We just had a ward cut checks for rechartering and wants to know if they will get reimbursed. My guess is that the stake should write a check to the ward from the scout-reimbursed account (whatever it's called). Is this correct?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

wrigjef wrote:Are these costs to be paid by the stake out of a reimbursable account? We just had a ward cut checks for rechartering and wants to know if they will get reimbursed. My guess is that the stake should write a check to the ward from the scout-reimbursed account (whatever it's called). Is this correct?
BSA rechartering expenses are reimbursed by the Church. The local rechartering expense can be done one of two ways. Either the stake can pay it for the ward or the ward can pay and then submit a reimbursement request to the stake. The stake then enters the expense in MLS and will receive a credit/reimbursement from CHQ. Since it has been a long while since I've seen this I can't remember the expense entry procedure in MLS. I vaguely remember there was a reimbursement code/account that was used.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:BSA rechartering expenses are reimbursed by the Church. The local rechartering expense can be done one of two ways. Either the stake can pay it for the ward or the ward can pay and then submit a reimbursement request to the stake. The stake then enters the expense in MLS and will receive a credit/reimbursement from CHQ. Since it has been a long while since I've seen this I can't remember the expense entry procedure in MLS. I vaguely remember there was a reimbursement code/account that was used.

The stake uses the Reimbursable Expenses:Scout Registration category to pay such expenses, and the cost will be immediately reimbursed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Since a ward went ahead and paid this, can I just write the warm a check from the stake reimbursed expenses:scout registration?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wrigjef wrote:Since a ward went ahead and paid this, can I just write the warm a check from the stake reimbursed expenses:scout registration?
As long as you have documentation that shows that the amount paid was for scout registration, that should be fine.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”