"A new calendar has been created"

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bensonmcconkie

"A new calendar has been created"

Post by bensonmcconkie »

I was recently made the Ward Website Administrator for my ward. Today I got this email message:

A new calendar has been created and is waiting approval.

Calendar name: Relief Society
Calendar description: Relief Society Events
Created by: (removed)

What am I supposed to do? I assume I need to "approve" this calender, but I can't find a way to do it on either the old or new Ward Calender websites.

How do I approve a pending calender?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bensonmcconkie wrote:What am I supposed to do? I assume I need to "approve" this calender, but I can't find a way to do it on either the old or new Ward Calender websites.

How do I approve a pending calender?
This is definitely a message from the new calendar (the calendar on the classic ward website had no ability for members to submit new calendars).

To approve it, login to lds.org, go to the Calendar, and then follow the instructions on the help system under Approve a New Calendar. I would think that the fact that you got the message would imply that you have all the permissions you need to do this.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bensonmcconkie

Post by bensonmcconkie »

aebrown wrote:This is definitely a message from the new calendar (the calendar on the classic ward website had no ability for members to submit new calendars).

To approve it, login to lds.org, go to the Calendar, and then follow the instructions on the help system under Approve a New Calendar. I would think that the fact that you got the message would imply that you have all the permissions you need to do this.
Actually, it was emailed to me, from the old WWA. When I login, I don't see "Manage Rights" or any admin-looking buttons on the site.

Am I not on the list of administrators yet? I know I am on the old website, but is being an admin on the new site different?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bensonmcconkie wrote:Actually, it was emailed to me, from the old WWA. When I login, I don't see "Manage Rights" or any admin-looking buttons on the site.

Am I not on the list of administrators yet? I know I am on the old website, but is being an admin on the new site different?
For the classic site, any administrator could add another person as an administrator. But whatever rights you have on the classic site are completely disconnected from your rights on the new site.

For the new calendar, you need to be a member of the bishopric, a ward clerk (including assistants), or ward executive secretary, or ward website administrator. I'm guessing none of the first options apply. But to be a ward website administrator in the context of the new calendar, you have to have been entered in MLS with the standard calling of "Website Administrator". To troubleshoot this, see the calendar help under Reasons Why You Might Not Have Default Approver Access.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

bensonmcconkie wrote:Actually, it was emailed to me, from the old WWA. When I login, I don't see "Manage Rights" or any admin-looking buttons on the site.

If the previous website administrator mailed it to you, then they are, or were on the date they got the message, still listed in CDOL as the ward website administrator. Callings are processed from MLS, then to CDOL, then to web applications. The total process can take from a few hours up to 48 hours.

If it has been more than two days since your calling was entered using the standard calling into MLS (and of course a send/receive accomplished) you can have one of the ward clerks check CDOL to see if you are listed there with the standard position. Something you can do right away is to see if you have administrator rights at the new directory. In my experience the new calendar has time delays from when you logon at the new calendar application and the rights are granted as evidenced by the additional menu items available under Options.

For me the calendar takes a while before I can get approver rights at each session. I usually have to wait several minutes after opening the application before I see the additional option menu items. Sometimes the wait for these menu items is quite long. I just checked while composing this post and it took four and a half minutes for the Options menu to display the approver items.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”