3.3.1 is here

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
quicky

3.3.1 is here

Post by quicky »

The newest CUBS update is here. Can't see that anything is simplified. When I do an I & E report, summary by sub-category, I can see the AMFA categories but am unable to see the description of the category unless I print it out into a hard copy. There is no way to expand the column width enough to see which AMFA category I am trying to look at. Maybe that will be taken care of in 3.3.2. Kevin Q.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Quicky wrote:The newest CUBS update is here. Can't see that anything is simplified. When I do an I & E report, summary by sub-category, I can see the AMFA categories but am unable to see the description of the category unless I print it out into a hard copy. There is no way to expand the column width enough to see which AMFA category I am trying to look at. Maybe that will be taken care of in 3.3.2. Kevin Q.
Some changes I noted are
1) Budget categories no longer appear in the I&E report. Now the only place to view your budget is with the budget report
2) View/Edit budget screen has been changed to now include a mechanism whereby units can include an estimate of the yearly budget. As each quarter passes, the estimate is replaced with the actual allocation.
3) The budget is now directly tied to the estimating feature just mentioned.
4) 3.3.1 finally merged my duplicate participants. Not saying the bug is fixed, but it appears to have been addressed with this release.

I looked at a few I&E reports yesterday but did not note the problem you mention. However, I always maximize MLS when I use it. Did you try that? With it filling the entire screen, it should spread out your columns enough to read what each column is.
quicky

Post by quicky »

I do maximize the screen because I am a geezer. I found that I could drag the screen over to get the full description by going to the title bar and dragging from there. By doing so, however, I lose the functionality of the numbers on the right hand side of the screen. An AMFA abbreviation would have been fully explanatory and would have freed space for descriptive information, both in the Budget column and the AMFA section. I have not looked yet to see if my many multiple payees have been merged ( some of them 20 and 30 multiples).
cougs

Post by cougs »

Do I have to do anything to receive the update? Does it come through send/receive automatically? I'm still seeing 3.3.1.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cougs wrote:Do I have to do anything to receive the update? Does it come through send/receive automatically? I'm still seeing 3.3.1.

3.3.1 is the current version. So if you're "still seeing 3.3.1" then you have the latest and don't need to do anything.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cougs

Post by cougs »

aebrown wrote:3.3.1 is the current version. So if you're "still seeing 3.3.1" then you have the latest and don't need to do anything.

Sorry, meant to say I'm still seeing 3.3.0.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

cougs wrote:Sorry, meant to say I'm still seeing 3.3.0.
It should automatically download when you send/receive. It sometimes takes a couple send/receives back to back to get it, though.
cougs

Post by cougs »

crislapi wrote:It should automatically download when you send/receive. It sometimes takes a couple send/receives back to back to get it, though.

I did about 4 or 5 send/receives with no updates. Does anybody else not have it yet?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

cougs wrote:I did about 4 or 5 send/receives with no updates. Does anybody else not have it yet?
The patch update for 3.3.1 is only sent down to US/Canada, Guatemala, and Puerto Rico area units. If you are outside these areas you will not get the update. If you are in the specified area and are not getting the patch update download you can download the installer at the MLS download site and install it manually.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
cougs

Post by cougs »

I'm in Utah so no problem there, I'm still not seeing the update though. How do I install it manually?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”