Target Google First Page for Select Keywords

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
rjardine7

Target Google First Page for Select Keywords

Post by rjardine7 »

Hi, I'm new to LDSTech and I was wondering if there is any effort out there to create blogs, websites, etc, optimized to target specific keywords. For example when the phase, "Is the Book of Mormon true" and the phrase "book of mormon" is searched on google, there are several relatively negative sites that rank high on the search engines. The sites ranking high for those terms are not optimized sites, they are not even targeting those specific keywords, from my initial investigation. That lends me to believe that with consistent and concerted organized effort between individuals operated a couple blogs or websites targeting those keywords, we would fill the first few pages of google with webpages that are positive regarding the book of mormon, and other church issues that are being searched. Is there this type of effort currently considered? Thanks! and it looks like everyone is anxiously engaged in many exciting projects.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

rjardine7 wrote:Hi, I'm new to LDSTech and I was wondering if there is any effort out there to create blogs, websites, etc, optimized to target specific keywords. For example when the phase, "Is the Book of Mormon true" and the phrase "book of mormon" is searched on google, there are several relatively negative sites that rank high on the search engines. The sites ranking high for those terms are not optimized sites, they are not even targeting those specific keywords, from my initial investigation. That lends me to believe that with consistent and concerted organized effort between individuals operated a couple blogs or websites targeting those keywords, we would fill the first few pages of google with webpages that are positive regarding the book of mormon, and other church issues that are being searched. Is there this type of effort currently considered? Thanks! and it looks like everyone is anxiously engaged in many exciting projects.
Google's formula for improving the "ranking" of a web site is a secret - according to them. However, they have posted some information that may be helpful.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
rjardine7

Post by rjardine7 »

techgy wrote:Google's formula for improving the "ranking" of a web site is a secret - according to them. However, they have posted some information that may be helpful.
Thanks for the reply, I understand that the formula google uses in its rankings are secret, however, having worked as a consultant in the field of search engine optimization for websites interested in targeting specific keywords, there are general strategies that are used in search engine optimization that can produce results. In fact, the competition among websites to target the first few pages of google with high search-frequency keywords is vibrant.

I just imagine if you have several people that are working on developing content for a website or a blog and doing so in such a way that optimizes their sites to rank high on google for keywords that are important for the church i.e. "is the book of mormon true," "book of mormon" etc, it would drive away some of the websites that rank high and are not positive. I just hate to see someone interested in the church google "is the book of mormon true" or "book of mormon" and have the first hit "problems with the book of mormon." Part of this could be accomplished by educating members of the church who have blogs on how to target keywords and optimize their websites. But a concerted effort across five to ten blogs would also be effective I think. Just my thoughts, I appreciate any comments or feedback.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”