MLS suggestion: change bars for HT/VT assignments

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

MLS suggestion: change bars for HT/VT assignments

Post by rmrichesjr »

One thing that I believe would be helpful in some future version of MLS would be change bars for HT/VT assignments to highlight what assignments are new. The baseline could be manually controlled via a 'reset change bars' button or automatic and time-based. In the latter case, I would think 20-30 days would be a reasonable threshold.

In most of my work as the elders quorum counselor assigned to do the MLS entry and report printing, I most often use the 'Enter HT Visits' panel and report, because it seems to be the only compact format that shows phone numbers (for district supervisors to call home teachers for reporting purposes). When I give the bishop a printout for his approval of changes in assignments, it would be helpful if the report would show what the changes are, as opposed to assignments that have not changed recently.

In the 'HT Companionships' or 'HT assignments' panel, where the user selects which home teachers or companionships to print, there could be a 'Select Recent Changes' button to facilitate printing of just those assignments that have changed. This should also select those who had families removed, not just for those with families or home teachers added.

By the way, is msrmail@ldsmail.net still the email address for support issues such as this type of enhancement request?
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

rmrichesjr wrote:By the way, is msrmail@ldsmail.net still the email address for support issues such as this type of enhancement request?
I'm not aware of that email address. It may be. However we are taking all suggestions from these forums and forwarding over to the team working on newer products and versions.

Tom
runstodboy-p40

Post by runstodboy-p40 »

rmrichesjr wrote: By the way, is msrmail@ldsmail.net still the email address for support issues such as this type of enhancement request?
That is the correct address for MSR support. If you have an idea or suggestion for MLS, please send it to that address and the support staff can enter it into the system for review.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”