Update to Meetinghouse Webcast 3.0 Beta Software

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Update to Meetinghouse Webcast 3.0 Beta Software

Post by starkjs »

A new version of the Meetinghouse Webcast 3.0 beta software will be available Thursday, February 24th. Previous versions of the 3.0 beta software will cease to properly function at that time.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

How does this version work with the Diamond VC500/600 devices?
We have a VC600 which has worked flawlessly (for video) with version 2 of the software on a Win7 x64 computer.
Should I look at switching to version 3 before our Stake Conference in April, or should I stick to version 2?

Thanks

Aaron Z
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

We have had hit and miss success with the VC500/600s. After heavy work with configuring the drivers, most are able to get it to work. The Roxio Easy VHS-to-DVD tends to work better. Better yet, we are hearing reports of people plugging in via firewire and bypassing a capture card altogether.

I would recommend trying out this latest version of 3.0 (released on Thursday). If it does not work for you, you will still have the option to install version 2.

Best of luck!
Jacob
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

Aczlan wrote:How does this version work with the Diamond VC500/600 devices?
We have a VC600 which has worked flawlessly (for video) with version 2 of the software on a Win7 x64 computer.
Should I look at switching to version 3 before our Stake Conference in April, or should I stick to version 2?

Thanks

Aaron Z

My recommendation with you being so close to April stake conference, is not to do anything about your current setup. It is working and working fine so don't break it. The last thing that you want to do before a meeting is change something when you don't know what is going to happen. You can introduce headache and stress that you don't need to add. So I would say wait until after the stake conference and then look at upgrading and testing.

Also version 3 is still beta, so unless you have thoroughly tested it, I wouldn't use it for the general broadcast. I'm working towards June and I plan on using version 3, but I will be testing it from the beginning and seeing what bugs, if any, are there.

Hope this helps.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

harddrive wrote:My recommendation with you being so close to April stake conference, is not to do anything about your current setup.

Upgrade - noun \ˈəp-ˌgrād\

Trading known bugs for unknown bugs.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

RussellHltn wrote:Upgrade - noun \ˈəp-ˌgrād\
Trading known bugs for unknown bugs.
Well... We are (hopefully) going to be installing CAT6 cabling, S-Video/IR Baluns, an EVI-D70 and ordering a Webcast Communicator before then, so reducing the number of possible bugs in the backup system would be a good thing.

Aaron Z
pete.arnett

Roxio Easy VHS-to-DVD is what we used

Post by pete.arnett »

Stake conference was on the air for over seven and half hours (7.5), over two days, with no major issues reported, on Sat 19Feb2011 and Sun 20Feb2011

Desktop Setup:
Roxio Easy VHS-to-DVD
Meetinghouse Webcast Beta 3.0.1.18
Microsoft Encoder Version 4.0.3205.0

Notes:
1) Number of Dell desktops used: two (2), each at different locations
2) Meetinghouse Webcast Beta 3.0.1.64 was released this past week
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
ldsrussp

Post by ldsrussp »

I had a successfull test that ran last Friday using the latest software (not sure the version but it's whatever it was as of last week) for over 2 hours on a Dell dual core laptop and using the Pinnacle USB capture device recommended. No problems at all except strange error that occurred continually during setup every time I pressed a key. Software complained about not being able to save or whatnot but it still worked so no major worries. We plan to use it this weekend for the Spanish version of a multi-stake broadcast.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

starkjs wrote: Better yet, we are hearing reports of people plugging in via firewire and bypassing a capture card altogether.
I guess you're talking about standard consumer cameras, not the EVI-D70?
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”