Multi-Calendar Relationships - Feature Request

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jenny_smith

Multi-Calendar Relationships - Feature Request

Post by jenny_smith »

I'd like to suggest a feature for the calendar system -- it would be nice to add items from one calendar into your own without having to create a new item.

For example, our stake standards night activity is on the Stake Calendar. I'd like to be able to print it on the YW calendar we use at presidency meetings without all the other stake junk, too. As the system is now, I would have to add that item separately to my YW calendar. But then when I print the YW and Stake calendars together for myself, I've got duplicate a item. If the Young Men do the same with their calendar, it creates even more duplicates and ugliness.

I guess this would have to be a local setting somehow, where you aren't actually making a change to the original calendar entry but you are instead creating a relational linkage between the two calendars.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jenny_smith wrote:I'd like to suggest a feature for the calendar system -- it would be nice to add items from one calendar into your own without having to create a new item.

For example, our stake standards night activity is on the Stake Calendar. I'd like to be able to print it on the YW calendar we use at presidency meetings without all the other stake junk, too. As the system is now, I would have to add that item separately to my YW calendar. But then when I print the YW and Stake calendars together for myself, I've got duplicate a item. If the Young Men do the same with their calendar, it creates even more duplicates and ugliness.

I guess this would have to be a local setting somehow, where you aren't actually making a change to the original calendar entry but you are instead creating a relational linkage between the two calendars.
You're not alone in this desire. This has been discussed in multiple threads in this forum, for example here. I don't think it would be a local setting, but rather would be a change in the system to allow a single event to appear on multiple calendars (right now an event can be on only one calendar). There are a variety of conceivable implementations, but the basic concept is the same.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”