24 hundred hours in the forum

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
rstegeby

24 hundred hours in the forum

Post by rstegeby »

Hi,

It would be great to make it possible to have 24 hundred hours on the forum instead of AM and PM.

Could this be fixed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't see any option to allow users to select what they want. I doubt if the majority of the users are going to prefer the 24 hour format.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

I will most definitely support the 24 hour format. Most Americans (virtually the only country in the world that doesn't use 24 hour format by default) do not know the there is no such thing as 12:00 am or pm, it is properly 12:00 midnight or noon.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rpyne wrote:Most Americans ... do not know the there is no such thing as 12:00 am or pm, it is properly 12:00 midnight or noon.
Is this just your opinion or do you have a source you can cite? We could also speculate that there are also going to be a number of Americans who do not understand the twenty four hour clock.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

rstegeby wrote:Hi,

It would be great to make it possible to have 24 hundred hours on the forum instead of AM and PM.

Could this be fixed?

I pay very little attention to the time that a post was made. It's working for me as is. :D
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

rpyne wrote:I will most definitely support the 24 hour format.
I wouldn't mind a 24 hour clock either, but vBulletin only allows a single system-wide clock format for all users, so we get what we get by those who setup the forum.
rpyne wrote: Most Americans (virtually the only country in the world that doesn't use 24 hour format by default) do not know the there is no such thing as 12:00 am or pm, it is properly 12:00 midnight or noon.
While this may be technically true, computers, digital clocks, cell phones, NIST, the Oxford Dictionary, and many other sources and standards in the US define noon as 12pm and midnight as 12am.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rstegeby

Post by rstegeby »

Still, there are formats to change the date to look a certain way, but not the make the time from 12 hours to 24 hours..

It's just to bad, since it's alot easier to keep track of time for some of us :)

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”