General church events on new calendar

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
rytrunkie

General church events on new calendar

Post by rytrunkie »

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I am not able to see General church events on the new calendar.

On the legacy calendar, if headquarters creates an event, ie CES broadcast, Worldwide Leadership Training, General Conferences, it will automatically show itself.

Is there a way to get these events to show up on the new calendar?

I am hesitant to make the jump to the new calendar until I can get this resolved. Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

They have not yet been placed on the calendar. The calendar is still under development.

Note the 4th bullet point in the Help file under Known Limitations
The calendar does not import or automatically display Churchwide calendar events, such as First Presidency Christmas Devotional or Temple Square events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rytrunkie wrote:Is there a way to get these events to show up on the new calendar?

Although they don't show up automatically, you can certainly add them yourself. There aren't very many such events, so it would be easy. You can create a separate calendar just for those events, or add them to an existing calendar.

I was never a big fan of the way the old calendar handled these events. They didn't have specific times, because of differences in time zones. I would always add specific events that match our time zone and other choices such as location; the events on the Church-wide calendar just ended up being duplicates for the most part.
rytrunkie wrote:I am hesitant to make the jump to the new calendar until I can get this resolved.

Since this is such an easy issue to work around, it would be a pity if this kept you from moving forward with the new calendar.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I too prefer to just put the events on the calendar myself, so I can add times and locations as necessary. I hope when they do add them that they will be a separate calendar or something that we can choose not to display.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “General Discussions”