BlackBerry Storm2 9550

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the Gospel Library application.
chadderboxfam

BlackBerry Storm2 9550

Post by chadderboxfam »

Is there an app for the scriptures and other Gospel Library items that will work on the Blackberry Storm2 9550?
chadderboxfam

Best Scripture App for BlackBerry Storm2 9550 is the Kindle

Post by chadderboxfam »

I tried three apps. Kindle is the best. To get set up do the following:
1. Get the Kindle Reader for BlackBerry at http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?i ... 1000468551. You enter your BlackBerry email address and click send. They send an email to your BB and you follow the link. It recognizes your exact model and lets you download.
2. Get the Mobipocket scripture file (LDS Scriptures Blackberry.prc) at http://ldspocket.com/freeebook/LDSScriptBB.zip.Kindle reads PRC files. Save the zip file to your PC and unzip it. Copy the PRC file to the "yourdevice\yourSDcard\Kindle\eBooks" folder on your BB using the USB cable.

The two reader apps that were poor were the church's Gospel Library for Blackberry and the new beta MobiPocket Reader.

The church's app makes your screen look like the old-fashioned Blackberry with a keyboard that you can't hide and the text only on half the screen. The font is so small I cannot read it (though some younger folks may be able to) and there is no option for font size adjustment. At that size links are impossible. Getting the touch screen to scroll down a page is nearly impossible (you must barely touch and not click as you move your finger and it seldom works at all). It takes an hour to download to your BB.

The MobiPocket app has font size adjustment and utilizes the full screen, but navigation is horrible. Once you get to a page of text, only a few verses are displayed and you cannot scroll down or move to another page. Instead, you must go back to the verse links and select another verse. Impossible to read more than one or two verses at a time.

Good luck.
BrumfieldAD

Post by BrumfieldAD »

You may also want to try following these instructions to install the application and content manually.

Asiel
acdman

Post by acdman »

I agree that the Kindle App is great, but you can make the Gospel Library App go full screen and make it touchable by turning off compatibility mode.

Go to Options, Applications, Choose Gospel Library, Hit the Blackberry Button to bring up the menu and choose Disable Compatibility Mode.

It is a bit annoying that you have to make this change each time you install it, but thisis far from the only app you have to do this on.

Enjoy.
chadderboxfam wrote:I tried three apps. Kindle is the best. To get set up do the following:
1. Get the Kindle Reader for BlackBerry at http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?i ... 1000468551. You enter your BlackBerry email address and click send. They send an email to your BB and you follow the link. It recognizes your exact model and lets you download.
2. Get the Mobipocket scripture file (LDS Scriptures Blackberry.prc) at http://ldspocket.com/freeebook/LDSScriptBB.zip.Kindle reads PRC files. Save the zip file to your PC and unzip it. Copy the PRC file to the "yourdevice\yourSDcard\Kindle\eBooks" folder on your BB using the USB cable.

The two reader apps that were poor were the church's Gospel Library for Blackberry and the new beta MobiPocket Reader.

The church's app makes your screen look like the old-fashioned Blackberry with a keyboard that you can't hide and the text only on half the screen. The font is so small I cannot read it (though some younger folks may be able to) and there is no option for font size adjustment. At that size links are impossible. Getting the touch screen to scroll down a page is nearly impossible (you must barely touch and not click as you move your finger and it seldom works at all). It takes an hour to download to your BB.

The MobiPocket app has font size adjustment and utilizes the full screen, but navigation is horrible. Once you get to a page of text, only a few verses are displayed and you cannot scroll down or move to another page. Instead, you must go back to the verse links and select another verse. Impossible to read more than one or two verses at a time.

Good luck.
captainBDSC

Post by captainBDSC »

Where is the Sub Forum for BlackBerry? Pretty sad considering RIM has more Smart Phones on the planet than any other... at least right now...

Return to “BlackBerry Gospel Library”