Email broadcast not working...

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

Email broadcast not working...

Post by zaneclark »

I sent this query to the feedback, but they haven't replied so thought I would toss it out here... I tried to send broadcast messages using the new LUWS and the posts to leaders seem to work ok but the posts to the entire membership only goes to about the top third of the alphabet... Anyone else having this problem?

Zane
zaneclark

Is ANYONE using the new LUWS for email broadcast?

Post by zaneclark »

Sorry to keep repeating myself on but it has been several days since I posted my original query on this and there haven't been any responses. I have also not had a response from "feedback." I just need to know if I am the only one NOT able to use the broadcast feature to post to the membership. It seems to work for leaders of organizations, but with the general members, it appears to only go to a few at the top of the alphabet... I know all the techs are busy working on other more pressing issues, but all I need is a confirmation that this is not the result of something I am doing wrong....
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

zaneclark wrote:Sorry to keep repeating myself on but it has been several days since I posted my original query on this and there haven't been any responses. I have also not had a response from "feedback." I just need to know if I am the only one NOT able to use the broadcast feature to post to the membership. It seems to work for leaders of organizations, but with the general members, it appears to only go to a few at the top of the alphabet... I know all the techs are busy working on other more pressing issues, but all I need is a confirmation that this is not the result of something I am doing wrong....

I have attempted to use it, but my access doesn't provide me the ability to send Email to the membership of the wards or stake. I can only send to the leaders, which worked for a recent Email to one leader group. However, when I attempted to send an Email to another group I noticed that the group was empty. I haven't researched all of the groups, but the one that hit me as strange was my own "Ward Bishopric" which appears to be empty :)
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

I have the same problem. When I send an email to the entire ward, it only goes down to people who have the first name beginning with the letter "K"

I can "work around" it a bit by sending it to all the Elders and all the High Priest's. But if I add "Relief Society," it only goes down to about the letter "M" It is like there are too many to handle or something. So, I don't think it is you. Unless it is both you and me...

Hopefully it will get fixed soon as it could be very useful.

I have also sent feedback messages...
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Thank you to all who replied..... I was beginning to think I might need a secret handshake or something... I will just wait patiently for the "fix"to come. And Techgy, on your missing bishopric, maybe this is where the term "empty suits" comes from....
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

I sent our bishopric message using the EMAIL BROADCAST feature. I also found that only a few names were listed in the distribution list, and mine was not included. However, when I sent the message I received the email. I can't verify that EVERYONE got the message, but I can confirm that the actual distribution isn't necessarily restricted to those addresses that appear in the TO field.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

preston.baxter wrote:I also found that only a few names were listed in the distribution list, and mine was not included. However, when I sent the message I received the email. I can't verify that EVERYONE got the message, but I can confirm that the actual distribution isn't necessarily restricted to those addresses that appear in the TO field.
We've noticed a few anomalies with emails. Our second counselors email was mysteriously set to not be "shown in ward directory" recently, and so he stopped receiving the broadcast emails, and he swears he never changed anything. I've meant to find out about others on the counsel, as they also have emails in the system when you look them up in the directory, but they've (or the system) checked "don't show in the directory."
zaneclark

Email Working!

Post by zaneclark »

Most of the email broadcast feature seems to be working. I sent out an email to the members and everyone from a to z appears to have received it. I was dissapointed however when it indicated how many ward members do not have an email address in the MLS. Looks like I have a lot of work to do....

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”