Change LDS Account Name causes new accounts on every LDS Account connected website

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rstegeby

Change LDS Account Name causes new accounts on every LDS Account connected website

Post by rstegeby »

Hi,

Since I changed username, it seems that the same thing you did to my account here (merged the 2 accounts) need to be done on every other account as well.

Is it the same persons that handle the basic connected sites that can help me with this or do I need to contact every specific responsible person to help me with this?

Example the Jira now don't allow me access anymore :(
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rstegeby wrote:Is it the same persons that handle the basic connected sites that can help me with this or do I need to contact every specific responsible person to help me with this?

Example the Jira now don't allow me access anymore :(

To be honest, I don't know. I'm just a forum admin. AFAIK, we're the only ones that can fix you up in the forum. The other sites may be better connected, so a merge in one area may fix multiple sites, but I don't know that.

I'm afraid you'll have to just start down the list and find out. :(

I suppose that when encouraging members to create LDS Accounts, we need to explain that it needs to be a name that they'll be OK with being seen publically. I suspect that was the motive behind changing yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rstegeby

Post by rstegeby »

RussellHltn wrote:To be honest, I don't know. I'm just a forum admin. AFAIK, we're the only ones that can fix you up in the forum. The other sites may be better connected, so a merge in one area may fix multiple sites, but I don't know that.

I'm afraid you'll have to just start down the list and find out. :(

I suppose that when encouraging members to create LDS Accounts, we need to explain that it needs to be a name that they'll be OK with being seen publically. I suspect that was the motive behind changing yours.

Yes, you're right. Didn't want to expose my whole name like it did. However as I contacted the support, they actually encuraged me to change since I had a dot in my name and it could cause problems with services etc..
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

rstegeby wrote:However as I contacted the support, they actually encuraged me to change since I had a dot in my name and it could cause problems with services etc..
That always amazes me. If they suspect a dot (or any other character) might cause a problem down the road, why allow it in the first place?

Glad you got it straightened out.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”