Temple Worker Emergency / Sickness App

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
simph1

Temple Worker Emergency / Sickness App

Post by simph1 »

I have worked in the Nauvoo and Provo Temples... one thing that always baffled me was how to get a Sub to help you when you were sick...

Usually you get sick just before your shift... not sure if its because I was workshy or something but it always seemed that way and you could NEVER get a sub in that time frame... so here is my suggestion...

A online sign in with membership (LDS.ORG) details page... where you can sign in and volunteer to Sub --> must be set apart to work in that temple... which you choose from a drop down box...

To substitute to shifts who have emergency needs:
1. Choose Temple
2. Choose shifts you are available
3. Register yourself to those shifts
(the system emails you of your chosen shifts that have needs with 2hrs notice)

This would be tied into a system for sick workers to register directly their sickness... or if they have emergencies... (short notice system)...

Person who is sick or has emergency:
Logs on... registers problem... system emails available workers... system updates shift coordinators... available worker arrives on shift...

Person who volunteers to help in emergencies:
Logs on... registers shifts available to work on... receives automatic emails on shifts with shortfalls...

May not work... but hey... its an idea... ;)

What you think?
allenjblodgett

Great Idea

Post by allenjblodgett »

simph1 wrote:What you think?

I would think that it would only be able to be used by those who live within lets say ten minutes of any particular temples (which would be easier in Utah where there are more temples).
simph1

Post by simph1 »

AllenBlodgett wrote:I would think that it would only be able to be used by those who live within lets say ten minutes of any particular temples (which would be easier in Utah where there are more temples).

You are probably right... but when you know you need to be at a funeral at the end of the week... or have a wedding coming up... this would be more useful... I think there is definately an application for this and definate usage ability... Hard to get hold of a coordinator when they are already in the temple right? ;)

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”