Changed username = new forum account?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
rstegeby

Changed username = new forum account?

Post by rstegeby »

Hi,

I've changed name, and my old login stopped working, and thus getting a totally new account in this forum. Is it not possible to have a unique LDS Account ID that could be stored and used to identify the account, or is there more thought behind beeing able to create a new account?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure what the situation is. I think it was a case where the issues created by using the LDS Account name wasn't worth the additional labor needed to fix it. At least not at this time.

But I've merged your old account into the new one. There's a few things that won't work quite right until a database rebuild is done, but you've got your old posts credited to you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rstegeby

Post by rstegeby »

Thank you :)
yolandarodriguez14

Re: Changed username = new forum account?

Post by yolandarodriguez14 »

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

yolandarodriguez14 wrote:ylndarodriguez@gmail.com
The only user in the forum database is you.

I think with the changes over the years that the forum username updates automatically.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mariamalar

Post by mariamalar »

How do you correct the spelling error in my name if my First Name is posted incorrectly in the First Name box? My user name is with correct spelling, ie. Arogyasami, but it has been posted incorrectly Argyasami. Please advise how to correct the error in my listed First name. Please send a note of answer to my email to: [email removed - this is a public forum]. Thanks.
Last edited by russellhltn on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email removed. This is a public forum

Return to “Church Account”