Area Book App???

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
juanjflores

Area Book App???

Post by juanjflores »

My name is Juan Flores and I am a branch mission leader. Yesterday during our Priesthood leadership meeting, an idea came to mind. What if the missionary area book was made into an app for either Apple or Android products. Ideally for tablet computers but I guess phones would be good as well. I have more ideas on how the app could look like so i would like to get in contact with whomever is in charge of the official church apps. I for one would like to have this app because of the convenience to only carry a tablet rather than a whole binder. Also, given the fact that we are encouraged to have a ward area book having an app would help the church be a bit more green. Personally I have my phone as my set of scriptures due to the convenience. I feel like a "Ward Area Book" would be better in seeing that things are done due to the many sync possibilities this app would provide. Any way, I do have a few ideas for this app & I would like to share them with a developer. Hopefully this was the correct place for this post. Thanks for your time!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

juanjflores wrote:My name is Juan Flores and I am a branch mission leader. Yesterday during our Priesthood leadership meeting, an idea came to mind. What if the missionary area book was made into an app for either Apple or Android products. Ideally for tablet computers but I guess phones would be good as well. I have more ideas on how the app could look like so i would like to get in contact with whomever is in charge of the official church apps. I for one would like to have this app because of the convenience to only carry a tablet rather than a whole binder. Also, given the fact that we are encouraged to have a ward area book having an app would help the church be a bit more green. Personally I have my phone as my set of scriptures due to the convenience. I feel like a "Ward Area Book" would be better in seeing that things are done due to the many sync possibilities this app would provide. Any way, I do have a few ideas for this app & I would like to share them with a developer. Hopefully this was the correct place for this post. Thanks for your time!
There is a similar project underway, as documented in the wiki under Digital Area Book Project. That project seems to be a regular web application, with no current requirement for mobile devices, but it seems like any project for mobile devices should build on the existing technology.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
juanjflores

Post by juanjflores »

Nice! That's awesome news. I had no idea. I wish it becomes an app!

Return to “Android Gospel Library”