Worldwide Leadership Training online availability

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
cougs

Worldwide Leadership Training online availability

Post by cougs »

Is the broadcast posted online somewhere?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cougs wrote:Is the broadcast posted online somewhere?

Not yet - that I know of. Maybe Monday when the normal work week starts. I'd expect it to be posted here
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russelljd

Post by russelljd »

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellJD wrote:It is already posted at http://lds.org/broadcasts/archive/world ... 2?lang=eng
It's interesting that it was posted in such a strange place. It's available as a link from the News and Events, which is also linked from the home page of lds.org. Those are good places, but it's not going to be "news" for long, so that should not be the only way to get to it.

Unfortunately it is not available via Menu > Serving in the Church, as Elder Nelson said it would be. From there you can only see the November 2010 training. And both the November 2010 and the February 2011 WWLT pages have a dropdown list for "Select another training", but neither one links to the other (their respective dropdown lists include only the one training you are already looking at).

So the links need a bit of work to make this more accessible.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
chadtew

Post by chadtew »

Any way to download this broadcast. I went to the broadcast page, it only has audio available for download. Video is streaming only.

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

chadtew wrote:Any way to download this broadcast. I went to the broadcast page, it only has audio available for download. Video is streaming only.

As far as I know, the video is not in a form that can be directly downloaded. However, there are suggestions for capturing the stream in these threads:
Some are specific to YouTube, but others apply to any video streams.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I found the news article link as described and see the same issues described.

Tried to test the viewing, appears to be an odd version of some video player that is on its face good, but unfamiliar to many. Also, I see no text yet, I've been working with the November one in my Study Journal on lds.org and will want to do the same with the text of the meeting.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

JamesAnderson wrote:Tried to test the viewing, appears to be an odd version of some video player that is on its face good, but unfamiliar to many.
It appears that the LDS Media Player is based on the Brightcove player.
JamesAnderson wrote:Also, I see no text yet
The text always comes later than the video and audio; I'm sure it's far more work and requires more review to get a transcription than to simply upload the video and audio files.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

aebrown wrote:It's interesting that it was posted in such a strange place. It's available as a link from the News and Events, which is also linked from the home page of lds.org. Those are good places, but it's not going to be "news" for long, so that should not be the only way to get to it.
I'm surprised at you Alan. A full month before the broadcast, you posted this...
aebrown wrote:It appeared rather quietly, but the broadcast details are now available for the February 12 Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting on the new Broadcast Information page. Basically, it is exactly the same as the 13 Nov 2010 broadcast: It is a 2-hour broadcast, with the first satellite transmission on Friday (February 11) at noon MST (1900 UTC) and then every three hours after that through 9:00pm MST on Saturday (0400 UTC on Sunday, 13 Feb 2010).
The link you mentioned was in all the official broadcast notices sent out by the church and is still the best one to use to get to the broadcast archive. I agree, it should be linked much better from the lds.org main page. ;)
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Mikerowaved wrote:The link you mentioned was in all the official broadcast notices sent out by the church and is still the best one to use to get to the broadcast archive. I agree, it should be linked much better from the lds.org main page. ;)

I'm blind - where's the link to the broadcast video? All I see is information on how to view the broadcast on the church satellite network.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Return to “General Discussions”