Restoring MLS backups from two different units on same MLS system

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
tanderson

Restoring MLS backups from two different units on same MLS system

Post by tanderson »

Is it possible to use the same computer/MLS system to restore backups from more than one unit without causing problems?

There was a YSA branch recently dissolved in our stake during the middle of 2010. The YSA branch computer/MLS system was pressed into urgent service for another ward when their computer gave up the ghost. Some of the members of the YSA branch are now asking for their tithing donation records made during 2010. I have retrieved the most recent backup from the old YSA computer, and am wondering if I can use our current stake/ward computer to gain access to these records, then switch back without any issues.

Has anyone out there had experience with this kind of situation?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tanderson wrote:Is it possible to use the same computer/MLS system to restore backups from more than one unit without causing problems?

Yes, MLS is designed to support multiple units on a single computer. The procedure is described on the wiki under Adding additional units to MLS; follow the instructions in the Units with an existing unit number section.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tanderson wrote:Some of the members of the YSA branch are now asking for their tithing donation records made during 2010. I have retrieved the most recent backup from the old YSA computer, and am wondering if I can use our current stake/ward computer to gain access to these records, then switch back without any issues.

You can and you should - for exactly this type of issue.

You might also look over Discontinuing a ward or branch to see if there's anything left undone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tanderson

Post by tanderson »

Perfect! Thanks so much for the help!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”