mailing labels

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
thesmith7-p40

mailing labels

Post by thesmith7-p40 »

Can anyone tell me what labels I need to buy that will be compatible with MLS? Either avery # or how many per sheet.

Thanks!
:)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

thesmith7 wrote:Can anyone tell me what labels I need to buy that will be compatible with MLS? Either avery # or how many per sheet.

They are 3x10, with 1/2" on top and bottom. It's a standard Avery #5160.
ktopham

Mailing Labels not printing properly

Post by ktopham »

We use the Avery 5160 sheets but recently the printer does not print the labels correctly. They are out of alignment and therefore not usable. We have reinstalled Windows OS, HP Printer drivers, and MLS. But the problem still persists. Any ideas on what else we can try?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ktopham wrote:but recently the printer does not print the labels correctly. They are out of alignment and therefore not usable.

Out of alignment in which direction? If the print is too high on the page, the rollers may be getting warn or slick and the paper is arriving at the printing area late.

Have you checked the top margin setting in MLS? (System Options > Printing)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ktopham

Mailing Labels in Wrong Format

Post by ktopham »

The printer works fine. The mailing labels are suppose to fit Avery 5160 label sheets that have three columns. However, when we select print preview, print to pdf, or actually print the labels, they come out in a two column format that does not fit the Avery 5160 format.
ktopham

Post by ktopham »

Yes, we have checked all of that. See my more detailed post below.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ktopham wrote:The printer works fine. The mailing labels are suppose to fit Avery 5160 label sheets that have three columns. However, when we select print preview, print to pdf, or actually print the labels, they come out in a two column format that does not fit the Avery 5160 format.
From what screen are you trying to print the labels? If it seems to be a problem everywhere, please name at least one specific screen with the problem.

Did you check the left margin setting for labels under System Options > Printing?

What does the two column format look like -- does it appear that the first column of the three is blank, or the last column is blank, or are the two columns evenly spaced?

Also, when you look carefully at what families are included in the labels, are they all there, but in a 2-column format, or are some missing? Specifically, if you are including families A, B, C, D, E, F, do you see
A B
C D
E F

or
A B
D E

or something else?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ktopham

Post by ktopham »

aebrown wrote:From what screen are you trying to print the labels? If it seems to be a problem everywhere, please name at least one specific screen with the problem.

Did you check the left margin setting for labels under System Options > Printing?

What does the two column format look like -- does it appear that the first column of the three is blank, or the last column is blank, or are the two columns evenly spaced?

Also, when you look carefully at what families are included in the labels, are they all there, but in a 2-column format, or are some missing? Specifically, if you are including families A, B, C, D, E, F, do you see
A B
C D
E F

or
A B
D E

or something else?

Any custom report where the Print Mailing Labels button appears. The format is two columns evenly spaced. All selected names appear in the correct order. It's as if the label template was changed to different type. We have checked the settings under System Options.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ktopham wrote:Any custom report where the Print Mailing Labels button appears. The format is two columns evenly spaced. All selected names appear in the correct order. It's as if the label template was changed to different type. We have checked the settings under System Options.
Well, I'm stumped. I can't duplicate anything like this no matter how I try. The only thing I can suggest would be to do a full install of MLS to see if that fixes it.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

My best guess is that it's a template somewhere. A full resinstall should do it - unless it's something sent down by the area office.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”