Is there a basic stack-starter archetype?

Support and Announcements for the Tech Java Web Application Platform (setup, configuration, bugs, feedback).
richard.lyman

Is there a basic stack-starter archetype?

Post by richard.lyman »

I'd like to initialize projects from the command-line using an archetype - what would that be for the basic stack-starter defaults?
YoungstromMJ

Post by YoungstromMJ »

What do you mean you would "like to initialize projects from the command-line using an archetype". Can you describe a bit more what you're trying to do?

Mike
richard.lyman

Post by richard.lyman »

I'd rather type

Code: Select all

mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=org.sonatype.mavenbook -DartifactId=quickstart -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -DpackageName=org.sonatype.mavenbook -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart -DarchetypeVersion=1.0 -DinteractiveMode=false
(for some values that generate the same result as the default selections from the jnlp)

than use the stack-starter jnlp.

If I'm not making sense it's OK. I'm almost done creating my own archetype and I can just use that.
UreskSJ
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by UreskSJ »

We did have a Maven Archetype a long time ago, but switched to the current Stack Starter because it allowed projects to be configured much better out of the box. Is there a specific reason you don't want to use the stack starter web start application?

We do have an experimental way of running the stack starter in a headless way that will generate a project from a properties file (one is generated when you run Stack Starter). I can give you more information on that if it would be helpful.
- Spencer Uresk
Java Stack Team
richard.lyman

Post by richard.lyman »

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm good for now.

Return to “Java Web Project Support (Stack)”