New Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
allenjblodgett

New Calendar

Post by allenjblodgett »

Does anyone know when the new calendar will receive its update?
Also, when your on the calendar (for non-editors) do the boxes appear grayed out? I'm asssuming that this is only for people that are editors of some calendars and not others.

Thanks
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Unsure of the "promised" updates, as past updates to these new tools usually come without any notice.... I suspect that it is because of the need for some flexibility to release updates "when they are ready" and not when they have been promised!
AllenBlodgett wrote:Does anyone know when the new calendar will receive its update?
Also, when your on the calendar (for non-editors) do the boxes appear grayed out? I'm asssuming that this is only for people that are editors of some calendars and not others.

Thanks
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

AllenBlodgett wrote:Does anyone know when the new calendar will receive its update?

Thanks

The last word I had seen noted that the update had been pushed back to June. But, as Kisaac has stated, we do not have any advertised schedule. From the HELP file of the new calendar.
Wards and stakes are invited to begin using the new calendar. However, note that the calendar is still under development and will continue to mature through early 2011. A major redesign is scheduled for June of 2011.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

AllenBlodgett wrote: Also, when your on the calendar (for non-editors) do the boxes appear grayed out? I'm asssuming that this is only for people that are editors of some calendars and not others
I don't know because I am an editor and my wife is an editor of some calendars as well. I would assume the display is the same for "non-editors" as it is for editors looking at an event on a calendar they are not an editor for - "greyed out" options for events you can't edit, so you can see them.
nbllds

Post by nbllds »

I just noticed that some changes have been made to the new calendar. It now lists the the last person to update an event. Also, it appears that the issue with resources always defaulting to "Use entire location for this event" when editing an existing event has been corrected. Looks like there are other changes as well, I just can't pinpoint all of them.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

nbllds wrote:I just noticed that some changes have been made to the new calendar. It now lists the the last person to update an event. Also, it appears that the issue with resources always defaulting to "Use entire location for this event" when editing an existing event has been corrected. Looks like there are other changes as well, I just can't pinpoint all of them.
The update AlanBlodgett is asking about are the ones mentioned in the calendar Help which states:
In March 2011, a significant redesign of the calendar will fix some of these issues (known limitations with the calendar).
(clarification added in parentheses)

Since the calendar is still in development we will see some changes throughout 2011. The March change is a significant change. This change was first announced as occuring in February, then June, and now March.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:The update AlanBlodgett is asking about are the ones mentioned in the calendar Help which states:
In March 2011, a significant redesign of the calendar will fix some of these issues (known limitations with the calendar).
(clarification added in parentheses)

Since the calendar is still in development we will see some changes throughout 2011. The March [sic] change is a significant change. This change was first announced as occuring in February, then June, and now March.
The projected date for the major redesign has not been changed to March. The Introduction to the Calendar page of Calendar Help makes it quite clear (both in the text and the timeline image) that the major redesign is still planned for June (that change was made on 8 Jan 2011). You just happened to find a page (the Known Limitations page) that had an old date of March (added to the page on 14 Dec 2010) and had not been updated. That page now has the correct date.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
tomjohnson1492

Post by tomjohnson1492 »

Alan, thanks for updating that.

Return to “Calendar”