Member has children listed on his record taht are not or ever been his.

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
1bikeman

Member has children listed on his record taht are not or ever been his.

Post by 1bikeman »

I have a member that has two children listed on his membership record that are not or have ever been his. They are 17 & 14 years old and also have a different last name. Since we do not have their individual membership records, how do I remove them from the head of households membership record?
danpass

Post by danpass »

1bikeman wrote:I have a member that has two children listed on his membership record that are not or have ever been his. They are 17 & 14 years old and also have a different last name. Since we do not have their individual membership records, how do I remove them from the head of households membership record?

This is not a problem you will be able to correct using MLS. You will need to contact Local Unit Support to resolve this.

Edit: From Alan's subsequent post, I see that I'm mistaken. I stand corrected (and surprised). My recollection was that when a unit does not have the records of children listed on a parent's individual membership record, making changes to that information on the parent record was not possible locally in MLS. Time for a training refresh...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

1bikeman wrote:I have a member that has two children listed on his membership record that are not or have ever been his. They are 17 & 14 years old and also have a different last name. Since we do not have their individual membership records, how do I remove them from the head of households membership record?
This can be done in MLS. Go to the member's Individual Record, and go to the Children tab. By each child will be a Remove link. Click that link and confirm the removal of the child. Repeat for the other child.

It sounds like these children won't appear on the Household record, but if they do, you should go to the houseehold record and remove them there, too.

When you're done, do a Send/Receive.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
1bikeman

Thanks

Post by 1bikeman »

I will give your suggestion a try.

Return to “Membership Help”