Editing the Ward Maps

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
dover381

Editing the Ward Maps

Post by dover381 »

Need to find out how to give some one accsess to edit the ward members map.
my calling is to keep the maps uptodate and i cant conferm the members and was asked to take care of this but no one knows how to get me the rights to do this,
can some one please advise on this situation?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dover381 wrote:Need to find out how to give some one accsess to edit the ward members map.
my calling is to keep the maps uptodate and i cant conferm the members and was asked to take care of this but no one knows how to get me the rights to do this,
Addresses may be verified only by the specific list of ward leaders, as listed in the LDS Maps Help under Ward leaders. If you have one of those callings, but can't verify map locations, then ask the ward clerk to verify that you are in MLS with the correct standard calling. If you don't have one of those callings, then show that section of the LDS Maps Help to whoever asked you to do this and explain that it is not possible with your current calling.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

dover381 wrote:Need to find out how to give some one accsess to edit the ward members map.
Rights to move the members on the map is done by calling, you can't assign anyone outside of that. But there are several that have rights to do so. See here for details. You may have to be added as an assistant clerk if they want you to do this.

Edit: Once again Alan gets his post in first.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Who can edit / verify Maps info

Post by kisaac »

dover381 wrote:Access to edit the ward members map....
Welcome to the Forum! The "help tips" that normally would show you who can do this within MAPS appear to be broken as of a few minutes ago....

(notice that a "website administrator" is NOT on this list...)
from the link provided by others earlier...
Ward leaders
Only the following ward leaders are authorized to maintain and update household names and addresses using LDS Maps. The names of authorized leaders are defined by MLS. (See MLS Main Menu/Organizations/Bishopric/Add Positions. This opens a list of the following bishopric positions.)
  • Bishop
  • First counselor
  • Second counselor
  • Clerk
  • Assistant clerk
  • Assistant clerk (finance)
  • Assistant clerk (membership)
  • Executive Secretary
Make sure the names of people in these callings are current in MLS. Any other positions created using Custom Positions in MLS will not be given rights to update LDS Maps information.
When a person is released from one of the above callings the clerk should -
  1. Change the name of the person in the calling in MLS.
  2. Transmit those changes using the Send/Receive Changes feature.
The rights to change information in LDS Maps will be removed from the person released and assigned to the person who was called. Those changes may take a few days to take effect in LDS Maps.
If a boundary is incorrect, that is FAR more difficult...
dover381

Post by dover381 »

But what if i was the emergency perpairdness specialest and they desolved that calling with the new changes and the bishop wants me to keep up the maps. i have one that i made in adobe and its 100% accurate and now with the new site we have a live map and i need to keep that up todate. what calling would the bisop have to put me in to get accses to the map. i understand (the bishopric is the ones from the go) but are there others and how would i instruckt him in getting me the rights?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dover381 wrote:But what if i was the emergency perpairdness specialest and they desolved that calling with the new changes and the bishop wants me to keep up the maps. i have one that i made in adobe and its 100% accurate and now with the new site we have a live map and i need to keep that up todate. what calling would the bisop have to put me in to get accses to the map. i understand (the bishopric is the ones from the go) but are there others and how would i instruckt him in getting me the rights?
The problem is that you would have to be an assistant ward clerk in order to have access. That is a calling issued by the stake, but recommended by your bishop to the stake president. If he truly wants you to serve as an assistant ward clerk, he can recommend that you be given that calling. Otherwise, I don't see any honest way it can be done.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”