New account creation failure 2

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
atkinsob

New account creation failure 2

Post by atkinsob »

We have are having a problem creating a membership account that is a little different: one of the members tried to create his account using the membership number and confirmation date on his IOS and he gets a message stating he is using the wrong membership number. Several tries, always the same result. Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Make sure he's using a IOS that was printed after his records arrived and isn't some kind of "out of unit" or "temporary" MRN.

If the MRN starts with the same number as the unit number, it's not a real MRN.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

atkinsob wrote:We have are having a problem creating a membership account that is a little different: one of the members tried to create his account using the membership number and confirmation date on his IOS and he gets a message stating he is using the wrong membership number. Several tries, always the same result. Any suggestions?

LDS Account no longer uses the confirmation date but rather the birth date. If they were using their birth date then I'd check their records in MLS and make sure that their birth date is recorded correctly.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I looked at the form, and it doesn't say how it wants the MRN filled in. Leading zeros or no leading zeros. Dashes or no dashes. And if the MRN ends with the letter "A", is it case sensitive?

I recall there have been issues along those lines in the past. I'm not sure if they still exist.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:I looked at the form, and it doesn't say how it wants the MRN filled in. Leading zeros or no leading zeros. Dashes or no dashes. And if the MRN ends with the letter "A", is it case sensitive?

I recall there have been issues along those lines in the past. I'm not sure if they still exist.
The current ldsaccount.lds.org site is very flexible in how it accepts MRNs -- it works with or without dashes, and the letter "A", if present, may be entered in upper or lower case.

I think the earlier responses about using the birth date rather than confirmation date are the most likely explanation of the problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Church Account”