New Account Creation Failure

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ckmcdonald

New Account Creation Failure

Post by ckmcdonald »

When attempting to create new LDS Accounts for a few of the YW in our ward the process fails. Clicking "Yes" when the pop-up asks "Is this you?" causes it to jump back to the login screen, rather than moving forward to the Profile page.

This has been happening on 3 different computers (YW Presidency) for 3-4 days now. I was asked to help... but if I attempt it on yet a different computer (mine), it works fine. Yesterday at the same time and for the same person it failed on my wife's computer but worked on mine.

At this point, 3 computers owned by members of the YW's Presidency (including my wife) are unable to assist YW in creating LDS Accounts. I'm hampered in helping because it works on my computer.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Work around?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What browser/version are the machines running? Any Internet security software? Security settings?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ckmcdonald

Post by ckmcdonald »

RussellHltn wrote:What browser/version are the machines running? Any Internet security software? Security settings?

I'm running Win7 and it works fine with IE(8.0).
My wife's laptop is also running Win7 and IE (8.0) but demonstrated the problem for 3-4 days last week (as well as 2 other computers belonging to the YW leaders).

As I stated before, with these two computers we attempted a new account creation at about the same time/person (few minutes apart) and it worked on one and not the other.

Just now I attempted to create a new account on my wife's laptop (to do a little debugging), and it worked. There have been no changes to this computer since it didn't work. This would strongly suggest it's not a client computer configuration issue, but a problem at CHQ.

I attempted (but didn't complete) several more account creations on these two computers for the same and different YW in the ward and can't get it to fail now.

Return to “Church Account”