LUCR form questions

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
atkinsob

LUCR form questions

Post by atkinsob »

I have been asked by our stake president to complete the "Stake Leader and Unit Change Request" (LUCR) because we are calling a new 2nd counselor in the stake presidency. Our stake is a university singles stake so we have no 'members' to draw from. I submitted an 'out of unit membership' for the new counselor and have received it into MLS. The question is this: when I try to fill in the LUCR with his information, it requires an 'Active date' and a "set apart' date. I can't fill either of those field in because he hasn't even been extended the call yet! His name has been approved by someone higher up the chain than the stake president. So is this even the correct form to fill out? Is there ANY form that needs to be filled out prior to the call being extended? I am quite confused, and apparently so is my stake president. Some clarification would really help! Thanks in advance.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

atkinsob wrote:I have been asked by our stake president to complete the "Stake Leader and Unit Change Request" (LUCR) because we are calling a new 2nd counselor in the stake presidency. Our stake is a university singles stake so we have no 'members' to draw from. I submitted an 'out of unit membership' for the new counselor and have received it into MLS. The question is this: when I try to fill in the LUCR with his information, it requires an 'Active date' and a "set apart' date. I can't fill either of those field in because he hasn't even been extended the call yet! His name has been approved by someone higher up the chain than the stake president. So is this even the correct form to fill out? Is there ANY form that needs to be filled out prior to the call being extended? I am quite confused, and apparently so is my stake president. Some clarification would really help! Thanks in advance.
The LUCR will eventually be the right form to fill out, but only after the new counselor is actually sustained. That is the form that will cause the appropriate changes in CDOL so that the new counselor will be listed there, and in your stake MLS, and so that he will have the correct permissions for various online tools. But none of that can happen until he is sustained.

The correct form you would normally fill out prior to the call is called "New Stake Counselor Recommend" and it can be found in Stake MLS under Reports/Forms > Forms/Certificates. This form is filled out in MLS and then sent to the Office of the First Presidency. I assume you still need to do that in your particular case, even though "His name has been approved by someone higher up the chain than the stake president."
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
atkinsob

Post by atkinsob »

Thanks - that is a BIG help!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”