Approving Ward Calendar Events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
brsod2000

Approving Ward Calendar Events

Post by brsod2000 »

I have gone through the tutorial for the New Calendars and managing the calendars, but I do not see any approval queue for events submitted by differetn auxillary leaders. Am I missing something here? If they are an editor for their own individual calendar (e.g. elders quorum calendar) do they still need approval to submit the event to the Ward Calendar?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

brsod2000 wrote:I have gone through the tutorial for the New Calendars and managing the calendars, but I do not see any approval queue for events submitted by differetn auxillary leaders. Am I missing something here?
No approval is necessary. That's a significant change from the old LUWS calendar. The assumption is that a ward will give permissions to people who actually are responsible for each calendar, and then they can manage their calendar(s) appropriately. There also is an implicit assumption that a ward operates with multiple calendars. Organizationally, I would think that a ward council would first discuss events that impact the ward as a whole.
brsod2000 wrote:If they are an editor for their own individual calendar (e.g. elders quorum calendar) do they still need approval to submit the event to the Ward Calendar?
Only an editor for a calendar can add events to that calendar. So for your example, I would think that an elders quorum president would have edit permissions for the EQ calendar, but would not have editor permissions for the General Ward Events calendar (if the ward has such a calendar).

But as I said above, there is no approval mechanism for events. So if the EQ president wants an event to appear on the General Ward Events calendar, and he is not an editor for that calendar, his only option is to ask someone with edit permissions for that calendar (which would include all calendar approvers, such as the bishopric, ward clerks, and executive secretary) to add the event for him.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

brsod2000 wrote:I have gone through the tutorial for the New Calendars and managing the calendars, but I do not see any approval queue for events submitted by differetn auxillary leaders. Am I missing something here? If they are an editor for their own individual calendar (e.g. elders quorum calendar) do they still need approval to submit the event to the Ward Calendar?

There is no approval process. An editor can add and edit any event on their calendars.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brsod2000 wrote:If they are an editor for their own individual calendar (e.g. elders quorum calendar) do they still need approval to submit the event to the Ward Calendar?

No. That's one of the big changes. I think the vision is that each quorum and auxiliary leadership will have the authority to manage their own calendar. Much like they control the announcements made in their groups. There is no need for an approver. The events themselves still have to be correlated and approved, but then the old calendar wasn't really set up to do that.

The old calender had an approver because anyone (or at least any member of the stake) could submit anything.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”