Bug with requesting households

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
sterlingb

Bug with requesting households

Post by sterlingb »

I fired up the request membership panel today, selected "Female" as the head of household (the household records were split up temporarily) and I'm unable to continue to the next step.

From a strictly UX perspective there's also inconsistency in how the fields are highlighted. When "Female" is selected, the required fields white-up (including the wrong suffix field) but when "Male" is selected none of the required fields change color until you type into them.
mls_bug.jpg
mls_bug.jpg (18.66 KiB) Viewed 349 times
sterlingb

Post by sterlingb »

Looks like I've been gone for too long, my post count is back to 0 :) Anyway, it seems like the entire request page needs a complete workover on the validation front. Apparently even though I'm requesting a household where a female is in charge, I still have to enter information in the male field. If I do so I can get past, but obviously if a female is the head of household there may not be male information to provide :)
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

sterlingb wrote:Looks like I've been gone for too long, my post count is back to 0 :) Anyway, it seems like the entire request page needs a complete workover on the validation front. Apparently even though I'm requesting a household where a female is in charge, I still have to enter information in the male field. If I do so I can get past, but obviously if a female is the head of household there may not be male information to provide :)

I think you've got a mistaken understanding of the fields in involved. There aren't any 'male' fields. The first set of fields (Full Name) is required for both males and females. This is the person's current name. For married sisters this is their married name. The second set of fields is for a sister's maiden name (their name at birth). These fields usually don't need to be filled in unless you're not sure if the sister's marriage has been recorded on her record.

So in your case just enter the persons name in the Full Name fields. If you know her maiden name and it is different than her current name then you can enter it in the Maiden Name fields. But otherwise don't worry about it. You should get the record without it in most cases.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sterlingb wrote:Looks like I've been gone for too long, my post count is back to 0 :)

Yup. You have been away for a while. You missed the announcement that you needed to link your forum name to your LDS Account.

{waves his magic wand}

Fixed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”