Reserving areas of building not on list

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
rexgj

Reserving areas of building not on list

Post by rexgj »

I have tried and tried to put things like the Ward Council meeting and PEC meetings on the new calendar. It appears that because the "bishop's office" is not one of the locations offered, it does not allow me to save the item. Have others found this to be the case? or am I missing something?

And is it possible to by-pass the "check for conflicts" action, or is that required? If so, how?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rexgj wrote:I have tried and tried to put things like the Ward Council meeting and PEC meetings on the new calendar. It appears that because the "bishop's office" is not one of the locations offered, it does not allow me to save the item. Have others found this to be the case? or am I missing something?
If you need to be able to schedule the bishop's office (and that does indeed seem like a useful thing), then add the bishop's office as a custom resource to the location (building). If you don't have rights to add resources, ask your building scheduler or a stake approver to do so.
rexgj wrote:And is it possible to by-pass the "check for conflicts" action, or is that required? If so, how?
It is not possible to bypass the "check for conflicts" step. To do so would invite chaos, since resources could then be double scheduled.

The one way you can effectively bypass the "check for conflicts" step is to not reserve anything. Specifically, use "Other Location" instead of your building as the location. Then you will certainly be able to save the event. But of course you won't be reserving any room. It's better to add the specific resource you need to reserve.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “General Discussions”