Calendars for Multi-Stake Family History Centers

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
BreinholtKL

Post by BreinholtKL »

My sister keeps a calendar for a multi-stake family history center and has been asking me how to create a calendar that can be viewed by multiple Stakes?

It would seem the only solution is to create multiple calendars, one for each stake which causes issues when trying to update the calendars.

What are your suggestions?

-Keith
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

breinholtkl wrote:My sister keeps a calendar for a multi-stake family history center and has been asking me how to create a calendar that can be viewed by multiple Stakes?

It would seem the only solution is to create multiple calendars, one for each stake which causes issues when trying to update the calendars.
One option is hinted at in the Calendar help at Manage Locations or Resources Shared By Two Stakes. There it mentions how a resource can be shared between stakes, but only if it is entered in the Facilities Management database.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
BreinholtKL

Calendaring Events for Multi-Stake Resources such as Family History Centers

Post by BreinholtKL »

aebrown wrote:One option is hinted at in the Calendar help at Manage Locations or Resources Shared By Two Stakes. There it mentions how a resource can be shared between stakes, but only if it is entered in the Facilities Management database.

Since the FHC meetings need to be viewable by all who may want to attend in all stakes, then it would appear that it is not currently possible even if it is entered into the facilities management database. But will be in a future release of the new calendar.

Who should I talk to about this type of need and making sure it gets in the project plan?

-Keith
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

breinholtkl wrote:Since the FHC meetings need to be viewable by all who may want to attend in all stakes, then it would appear that it is not currently possible even if it is entered into the facilities management database. But will be in a future release of the new calendar.

That documentation says "The external stake still has the ability to schedule the agent stake's location or resources, but they cannot see the schedules of any other location or resource in the stake" (emphasis added).

That certainly makes it clear that the resource can be shared, meaning that each stake can see conflicts and thus not schedule on top of each other when they add events to their respective calendars.. But I'm guessing you're right that the calendar itself cannot yet be shared at this point.
breinholtkl wrote:Who should I talk to about this type of need and making sure it gets in the project plan?

The only mechanism I know of (short of knowing someone on the project team) is to submit feedback using the regular Submit Feedback process for lds.org. That doesn't let you "make sure" that it gets on the project plan, but I do know that these suggestions reach the project team for their consideration.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
BreinholtKL

Post by BreinholtKL »

Yeah, it's the sentence right after that which makes be believe it won't work.
If a stake has a resource such as a set of canoes, for example, that it shares with all stakes in the region, it's not possible to share and schedule that resource with the calendar. You will instead need to use the old calendar or a creative workaround for scheduling the resource.

I appreciate the info. It's time to go creative. :D I'll send the feedback and see if I can track down a team member.

Thanks!

Return to “Calendar”