Changing MLS Language

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
SherlockAdam

Changing MLS Language

Post by SherlockAdam »

I wonder if the Forum members can help me?

I am a native English (British) speaker living in Belgium. I have been a clerk for many years in England, and so the the only calling I was able to successfully perform was the Clerk. I was able to change the language settings from English to Dutch as needed using the properties file, so the members could have certificates attendance reports etc in Dutch rather than in English.

The problem?
With the new update MLS seems to be fixed in English and this is going to cause a fair bit of resentment and problems amongst some of the members. Some of the members do not speak any English, and there is also the slight matter of respect for the host country.

The Dutch speaking people have had to fight for the right to have university lessons taught in Dutch. This is a very sensitive subject! You could say it is similar to a US ward having German reports from their MLS.

The old properties file seems to have disappeared, and I was unable to locate where I can switch between languages. It is rather urgent as there are a number of Baptism certificates that require printing.

Can the forum members help?

Thanks very much and best regards
Adam Sherlock
Antwerpen Ward Clerk
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The name and location of the old properties file has changed for MLS 3.3. Look for "product.properties" in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\LDS Church\MLS\data directory.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

SherlockAdam wrote: It is rather urgent as there are a number of Baptism certificates that require printing.

You can also change the language used for printing certificates in MLS without going to the hassle of changing the entire MLS language. Just go to Reports/Forms > Certificates. Then you'll see a language dropdown in the upper right corner of the dialog box. The language you select there will affect the certificates you print. If you find that you are printing certificates in more than one language, this may be a simpler option for you.
jdlessley wrote:The name and location of the old properties file has changed for MLS 3.3. Look for "product.properties" in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\LDS Church\MLS\data directory.
The wiki article MLS installation and repair now has a detailed list of file paths for MLS 3.3.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
SherlockAdam

Post by SherlockAdam »

Thank you very much for the quick responses.

I have not seen the change language option - I will certainly check it out in when I am next behind the computer.

Best regards
Adam

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”