Officer Sustained Form not populating RS Presidency

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
calebpusey

Post by calebpusey »

Do you have a second RS Organization that has been setup in MLS? I have noticed that the Officer's Sustained Report will not populate correctly often if there is a second organization with no leadership. Might just be something to check.
Caleb
albertogarza

Post by albertogarza »

calebpusey wrote:Do you have a second RS Organization that has been setup in MLS? I have noticed that the Officer's Sustained Report will not populate correctly often if there is a second organization with no leadership. Might just be something to check.

Thank you so much for this suggestion. I was running into the same problem and I had to do the following for it to work:
  1. Go to Organizations > Relief Society
  2. Click "Relief Society 2" tab
  3. Click "Remove Group" and accept
  4. Log off from MLS and log back in
  5. Regenerate the Officers Sustained report
I hope this helps someone in the future.
larry19810

Post by larry19810 »

I have a similar problem. I am the stake clerk. If I view the "officer sustained ' form from within LDS.org (after logging in and getting the Stake Clerk's view, the position of our StakePresidency first counselor is blank. If I chose the 'Callings by organization' tab, all positions are correctly labeled. and If I go into MLS and create the officer sustained form, it is correct there. Just incorrect on the version displayed from lds.org-> membership ->forms-> officers sustained.

Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

larry19810 wrote:Just incorrect on the version displayed from lds.org-> membership ->forms-> officers sustained.

For that situation, I suggest following Correcting duplicate or missing callings
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
larry19810

Post by larry19810 »

RussellHltn wrote:For that situation, I suggest following Correcting duplicate or missing callings

I've done this multiple times. The calling is not missing or incorrect in MLS or even in the Website organization listing, just the website 'officer sustained' form. Still shows blank.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

larry19810 wrote:
RussellHltn wrote:For that situation, I suggest following Correcting duplicate or missing callings
I've done this multiple times. The calling is not missing or incorrect in MLS or even in the Website organization listing, just the website 'officer sustained' form. Still shows blank.
What about CDOL? Does it have the same callings as in MLS?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I have also seen this problem (as larry19810 in post #13) with our Stake Presidency 2nd counselor. He shows up correctly in CDOL, MLS etc..

I'm not the Stake Clerk, but have suggested that he tries removing and reentering the position details (in the Stake MLS), to see if this corrects the anomaly.
larry19810

Missing name in Officer Sustained form

Post by larry19810 »

jdlessley wrote:What about CDOL? Does it have the same callings as in MLS?

The person is correctly listed in MLS and in CDOL but his name does not show on the officer sustained list as part of LDS.org. (Stake presidency first counselor).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

larry19810 wrote:The person is correctly listed in MLS and in CDOL but his name does not show on the officer sustained list as part of LDS.org. (Stake presidency first counselor).

Have you tried making a change to some detail in the calling information? That should trigger a resending of the information, which might fix the problem. In the case of a counselor in the stake presidency, that would have to be done in the Stake Leader and Unit Change Request screen in stake MLS.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

larry19810 wrote:I have a similar problem. I am the stake clerk. If I view the "officer sustained ' form from within LDS.org (after logging in and getting the Stake Clerk's view, the position of our StakePresidency first counselor is blank. If I chose the 'Callings by organization' tab, all positions are correctly labeled. and If I go into MLS and create the officer sustained form, it is correct there. Just incorrect on the version displayed from lds.org-> membership ->forms-> officers sustained.

Any ideas?
Biggles wrote:I have also seen this problem (as larry19810 in post #13) with our Stake Presidency 2nd counselor. He shows up correctly in CDOL, MLS etc..

I'm not the Stake Clerk, but have suggested that he tries removing and reentering the position details (in the Stake MLS), to see if this corrects the anomaly.

I have figured out what the problem is. The officer sustained form is trying to use the local name first and if it is empty then use the English name. For both of these counselors they had a local name that was just a space. I have fixed it for those two.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”