Directory and Maps not in sync

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
cpfordham

Directory and Maps not in sync

Post by cpfordham »

Has anyone experienced an issue where the new maps feature shows a family's location incorrectly, but it shows the printed address correctly?

If I click on a specific family within a ward in our stake, it shows them on the map. The address that it shows is correct, however the physical location it points to is not correct.

Ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I have two reactions to that:

1) Yeah, that's pretty normal for mapping software. That's why they allow us to move the pins.
2) Are you saying that the family moved, and the map is showing their old location? I don't know what the lag is for re-geocoding new addresses.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
allenjblodgett

Post by allenjblodgett »

A family in my ward moved to a new place with in ward boundaries and their old location still shows on the map. They moved about month or 2 ago. I would take a look at the lds.org/maps site to see if its updated their, but i'm getting it all in text.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”