LDS Scriptures for Chrome/Chromium

Use this forum to share and discuss ideas that do not fall into a specific audiovisual media type.
duckbrain

LDS Scriptures for Chrome/Chromium

Post by duckbrain »

Hi, I have developed a Google Chrome Web App that is currently in the Chrome Web Store here, but I only have the standard works that I got from the Mormon Documentation Project. According the them, the files I got are in the public domain. However, I would like to add footnotes, chapter headings, photographs, maps, the Bible Dictionary, index, Topical Guide, etc. It would seem that these are copyrighted by the Church. I have looked at the Terms of Use page on lds.org and printed out the Copyright Request Form, but it seems that I have no way of getting an easily machine readable format to get the data from.

I would like some help on:
Is this copyright request form the right thing for getting permission and
Is there a way I can get the actual digital content, other then writing a program to rip it from the HTML on the website. (Which I am capable of if I need to.)

Also, I am leaving on my mission in March and wanted to know if someone (or the Church) wanted to take over my project while I am gone.

Thank you for any help you can give.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The best place to start with this would be to contact the Intellectual Property Office at:

Phone: 801-240-3959 or 1-800-453-3860, ext. 2-3959
Fax: 801-240-1187
E-Mail: cor-intellectualproperty (at) ldschurch.org.

or by writing to:

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Intellectual Property Office
50 E. North Temple
18th Floor, Salt Lake City, UT 84150-3012
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
duckbrain

Post by duckbrain »

Thank you for your quick response; I have sent them an email.
duckbrain

Post by duckbrain »

I received my response.
After reviewing your request we have determined that we must deny your request for the use of this material. Church policy does not allow its intellectual properties to be used as you are proposing.

Return to “General Media Discussions”