Locations and Resources: I'm not getting it

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nutterb

Locations and Resources: I'm not getting it

Post by nutterb »

My stake recently set up all the locations and added me as a building scheduler for my ward's building. We share the building with another ward.

So, when I click on "Options" I get the options to "Manage Locations & Resources" and "Manage Resource Assignments."

When I went to "Manage Locations & Resources, I was able to designate the building to be scheduled by resources (rooms etc, and not the whole building at once), and even add some custom resources (the field and barbecue, the projector, etc).

When I go to "Manage Resources and Assignments," I can set off blocks of time for a ward like I should be able to.

Here's where I'm stumped. My building doesn't show up under my subscribed locations, and when I go to create an event, I don't have the option of selecting my building to schedule it. Shouldn't I be able to reserve a specific location or resource by now? How do I subscribe to a location? I don't see anything about this in the help files. Am I missing something listed in the known limitations?

EDIT: Another interesting quirk--when I go to create an event, I select the drop down list for calendars, and I have a list of subscribed calendars, and a list of unsubscribed calendars. The unsubscribed calendars appear to be calendars from other wards and branches in the stake. Is this normal behavior?
ecawley1

Post by ecawley1 »

Hi!

I recently trained our stake's four building schedulers, and encountered the same problem. We just went with the online system accessible via the classic lds.org website (go to the ward website then click on resources, then on a particular building to reserve the building). I haven't seen anything yet that indicates this functionality will be transferred to the new calendaring system. If so, it's not been widely publicized.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nutterb wrote:Here's where I'm stumped. My building doesn't show up under my subscribed locations, and when I go to create an event, I don't have the option of selecting my building to schedule it. Shouldn't I be able to reserve a specific location or resource by now? How do I subscribe to a location? I don't see anything about this in the help files. Am I missing something listed in the known limitations?

It sounds to me like the "Allow new events to be scheduled at this location" checkbox is not checked under Manage Locations and Resource > Edit.
nutterb wrote:EDIT: Another interesting quirk--when I go to create an event, I select the drop down list for calendars, and I have a list of subscribed calendars, and a list of unsubscribed calendars. The unsubscribed calendars appear to be calendars from other wards and branches in the stake. Is this normal behavior?

Yes, that's normal. As building scheduler you can see events on all calendars, even if you have not subscribed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

Perfect! Thanks, Alan! I'll the the stake administrator know.

Return to “Calendar”