Current status of Fast Offering money

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
scottwebb

Current status of Fast Offering money

Post by scottwebb »

Hi,
The Bishop is asking me for a report of the current status of our Fast Offering monies. I cannot find where in MLS this particular report might be. Any suggestions?
Scott
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

scottwebb wrote:The Bishop is asking me for a report of the current status of our Fast Offering monies. I cannot find where in MLS this particular report might be. Any suggestions?

There are a couple of reports that could be helpful:
  • The Recipient Report (under Finance > Fast Offering) will show all the expenses by recipient. You can specify whatever date range you want. Probably the most useful report here is to choose "Summary by Fast Offering Recipient" from the dropdown in the upper right corner.
  • The Income and Expense Report (under Finance > Reports/Reconcile) should give you summary reports, organized by category (Medical, Housing, etc.). If you check the box by Fast Offering, it will automatically select all the subcategories, too. You probably want a Summary by Subcategory report, but you can also do a detail report for a particular category if you want. This report will show the Income as well as Expenses for each category.
Note that the Income and Expense Report may be a bit confusing, since it will also list transfers that bring the balance to zero. But if you focus on the Income column (all the income should be in the parent Fast Offering category) and the Expense column (all the expenses should be in one of the subcategories of Fast Offering), you should get meaningful reports. Again, you can control the date range as needed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”