1 less tree

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
farwest

1 less tree

Post by farwest »

Our stake president is looking for ways to communicate without using so much paper and to make sure the information gets to those that need it. There seems to be to many layers to get info to the right people. How about training people; how are you using technology to enhance learning? Any thoughts on how to rethink the box or out of the box would be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

farwest wrote:Our stake president is looking for ways to communicate without using so much paper

Is there something more specific? I'm trying to think of all the bits of paper that comes into my hands. All I can come up with is:

- Sunday bulletin
- An occasional activity flyer
- Satellite broadcast information sheets printed by CHQ and snail-mailed to the Stake President

While I'm sure use of LUWS could eliminate much of that, we have to consider that not everyone has a computer and those that do may not use it that much.

What is your stake doing that the SP is so concerned about the paper usage?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”