csv export

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kcushing

csv export

Post by kcushing »

The old calendar had a csv export that I would put into a database and export into a list of upcoming events that I would print on the back of meeting agendas. Does anyone know of a good way to export events now? Or is there a way in addition to Month and Week views to have a List View? This is roughly the format I put on the agendas (only in a table so that the times are aligned):

day title time
1/23 SPEC 7 am
1/23 10th Ward Conference 11 am
1/23 Stk Gen Prsthd Mtg 6 pm
1/25 Womens B-ball
1/25 YM- Basketball
BrainClay

Post by BrainClay »

I have exactly the same issue/question! I'm hoping someone will reply with a solution. Here's what we want to do: The old calendar has a csv export function that we can use in many ways. One great usage is to cut down on time in Ward Council going over the calendar! What we want to do is export the calendar as a list, and then use that to cut/paste into an email.

This is important enough that the Brethren emphasize spending very little time on calendaring in Ward Council. I can think of no better way to reduce time calendaring than to email out the calendar, so members can review it before the meeting!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bcpalmer60 wrote:I can think of no better way to reduce time calendaring than to email out the calendar, so members can review it before the meeting!
There is no CSV export, but it's even easier to just send an email link to http://lds.org/church-calendar with a reminder to check the calendar. Then people can see the calendar in context, with all the control of filtering out calendars they aren't interested in, changing views, seeing details, looking ahead, etc. Or if you really want to send out the calendar, send a PDF (created using the Download option from the Print window) -- that has the benefit of showing the different colors for the various calendars (but none of the other benefits of the live calendar that I mentioned).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

aebrown wrote:There is no CSV export, but it's even easier to just send an email link to http://lds.org/church-calendar with a reminder to check the calendar. Then people can see the calendar in context, with all the control of filtering out calendars they aren't interested in, changing views, seeing details, looking ahead, etc. Or if you really want to send out the calendar, send a PDF (created using the Download option from the Print window) -- that has the benefit of showing the different colors for the various calendars (but none of the other benefits of the live calendar that I mentioned).

This is assuming you don't have significant members of the ward council who can/will access the online calendar. We use a "print to .pdf" option with the classic calendar and send that out in an e-mail. We have a few older members who will access e-mail and can print off the attachments but get confused with the new online options. Our stake is still using the classic calendar officially (as far as I know).
BrainClay

Post by BrainClay »

Thanks for your suggestions. We'll probably do both - send a link and print to pdf. We are an older ward, and though everyone has email, not everyone knows how to click on a link and use the calendar, etc. These are workable solutions, thanks!
Smith1976

Calendar ability to "export next 12 months as CSV"

Post by Smith1976 »

I was glad to read that others are concerned about not being able to "export next 12 months as CSV." I export the file to Excel - which I can edit if needed. Then, as part of our weekly bulletin, I copy and paste the next 3-4 weeks in the bulletin. It saves me a lot of time to export the file rather than re-typing it.

Not all members of our ward have e-mail so that is not a good work around for us.

Thank you.

Cindy Smith
Lebanon, Pennsylvania USA
esmith2112

Bring Back CSV Export

Post by esmith2112 »

Has any progress been made on this? I would love to export to a flat file (or CSV) and sort things by title so I can have all the Mission Correlation meetings group together, etc. I miss the old feature. Can we have it back?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

esmith2112 wrote:Has any progress been made on this? I would love to export to a flat file (or CSV) and sort things by title so I can have all the Mission Correlation meetings group together, etc. I miss the old feature. Can we have it back?
Welcome esmith2112!
As you might know, many of us here on the tech forum are users just like you, and not programmers for the church. We'll gladly talk about options and work-arounds, but the most direct way to let those programers at CHQ know what features you like or need is to send feedback via a feedback link on LDS.org home page (bottom left) and specify which application you are using. "Squeaky wheel gets the grease..."

Return to “Calendar”