Calendar events can't span months

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
ligh10up

Calendar events can't span months

Post by ligh10up »

I tried to enter a Pioneer Trek as an all day event from June 29 thru July 2.
The system saved the event for only June 29. A work around was to create two events, one for June 29-30 and another for July 1-2.

Each time I tried to re-edit the range it resulted in a single day event on the start date.

I even tried to create the event in July and then (after it was saved) go back in and edit the start date rather than the end date with no success.

(One time I successfully created the Trek event for June 29-30 and after trying to then extend it into July - it duplicated one of my repeating events that happened to overlap because it occurs every Thursday so that it appeared twice on every day instead of just once. Seemed like a peculiar side effect.)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ligh10up wrote:I tried to enter a Pioneer Trek as an all day event from June 29 thru July 2.
The system saved the event for only June 29. A work around was to create two events, one for June 29-30 and another for July 1-2.

Each time I tried to re-edit the range it resulted in a single day event on the start date.

I even tried to create the event in July and then (after it was saved) go back in and edit the start date rather than the end date with no success.

(One time I successfully created the Trek event for June 29-30 and after trying to then extend it into July - it duplicated one of my repeating events that happened to overlap because it occurs every Thursday so that it appeared twice on every day instead of just once. Seemed like a peculiar side effect.)
I've noticed this bug as well.

An alternate workaround is to make it a repeating daily event, specifying the end date in the repeating date details section instead of in the "End" field. That way you'll have a single event in case you want to adjust details, such as the description or what calendar contains the event, in the future.

The only slight difference is that on days after the first one you don't get the "(cont.)" added to the event title, as you do with a non-repeating multi-day event.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”