Preferred name staying with record

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
opee

Post by opee »

Is there a way to allow MLS to maintain the preferred names when members go from unit to unit? I have noticed that the preferred names are lost when I transfer a member out of my unit for school. When their record comes back, the preferred name is gone, replaced by the default.

This would eliminate wasted and duplicated effort for the clerks. This may also make it easier for welcoming new members into a ward—so that those contacting the new members call them by their preferred name instead of a non-preferred one.
SmithGW

Post by SmithGW »

This is a feature that would be "nice to have," but is not essential. I will pass your request on to the MLS development team. It may be acted on at some future time.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Along with that, can we have any photo of them follow as well? It would be a big help to the new unit to know what they look like.
runstodboy-p40

Post by runstodboy-p40 »

I can't speak to adding a photo to a membership record.

However, I've done some testing and with the previous version of MLS (2.4.3) and the current version (2.6) the preferred names are moving with the record. I've had to wait about an hour after setting a preferred name for it to "stick" in the central database, but once it's there, it seems to move.

After upgrading to 2.6 did you lose any preferred names? Perhaps the changes never got pushed back up to HQ and, as such, the preferred name gets lost.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Was this done IntraStake (in the same stake) or InterStake (out of stake moving in)? If the former we know that the pictures also move around so maybe this is a similar issue but if it is the latter then I guess prefered names do transfer.
- David

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”