Missing resources

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
zaneclark

Missing resources

Post by zaneclark »

I cannot figure out how to add a resource when I add a new event. I finally found the page to checkoff the resources for our location, but when I add an event, there doesn't seem to be a link to add these resources to the event. I have tried to do my homework, read all the help pages, scrolled through hundreds of threads and posts, but can't find the answer...
I am guessing it will be something simple that I missed, as it usually is...

Zane
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I cannot figure out how to add a resource when I add a new event. I finally found the page to checkoff the resources for our location, but when I add an event, there doesn't seem to be a link to add these resources to the event. I have tried to do my homework, read all the help pages, scrolled through hundreds of threads and posts, but can't find the answer...
I am guessing it will be something simple that I missed, as it usually is...

The first step is to pick the correct location (generally this means a building) from the dropdown at the top of the Create Event popup. If your location doesn't appear in the list, then that needs to be fixed in the Manage Locations page, but from what you said, I'm guessing that the location does appear in the list.

Next, you need to uncheck the box that says "Use entire location for this event". Then you'll see a list of all the resources (generally rooms) for that location. If the checkbox is disabled, then you need to edit the Resources section of that location under Manage Locations and Resources. That's also the place you go if you need to add a custom resource.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

aebrown wrote:The first step is to pick the correct location (generally this means a building) from the dropdown at the top of the Create Event popup. If your location doesn't appear in the list, then that needs to be fixed in the Manage Locations page, but from what you said, I'm guessing that the location does appear in the list.

Next, you need to uncheck the box that says "Use entire location for this event". Then you'll see a list of all the resources (generally rooms) for that location. If the checkbox is disabled, then you need to edit the Resources section of that location under Manage Locations and Resources. That's also the place you go if you need to add a custom resource.
Thank you! I knew it would be something simple... I am still having some problems in other areas but I will try to work them out... Probably another checked or unchecked box. There are a lot of those!
ggllbb

Post by ggllbb »

aebrown wrote:If the checkbox is disabled, then you need to edit the Resources section of that location under Manage Locations and Resources. That's also the place you go if you need to add a custom resource.

Don't you need to be a Stake officer (e.g., stake clerk) to "Manage Locations and Resources" ?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

ggllbb wrote:Don't you need to be a Stake officer (e.g., stake clerk) to "Manage Locations and Resources" ?
IIRC, To manage Locations you need to be a default approver. To manage Resources you need to be an approver or a building scheduler
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
ggllbb

Post by ggllbb »

kd7mha wrote:IIRC, To manage Locations you need to be a default approver. To manage Resources you need to be an approver or a building scheduler

Thanks for info. It's hard to tell who is approved for what.

Being branch president's second counselor, I thoght I was a default approver, but I don't seem to have (or can't find) the option to edit the resources. I will check with our clerk to see if he has that access.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

ggllbb wrote:Thanks for info. It's hard to tell who is approved for what.

Being branch president's second counselor, I thoght I was a default approver, but I don't seem to have (or can't find) the option to edit the resources. I will check with our clerk to see if he has that access.
It might also be that your stake/district hasn't set them up yet. They have to start the process (see here)

Return to “Calendar”