retrieving a meetinghouse broadcast

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
leebri1

retrieving a meetinghouse broadcast

Post by leebri1 »

Does anyone know how to gain access to the streaming server so I can download a previous webcast? The FAQ on the software says that someone with authority can view the list of webcasts so they must be held on the server for a while.

Failing that, can you somehow save a webcast while it is being streamed?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

leebri1 wrote:Does anyone know how to gain access to the streaming server so I can download a previous webcast? The FAQ on the software says that someone with authority can view the list of webcasts so they must be held on the server for a while.

the list mentioned is at webcast.ldschurch.org
but it is only a list of current and historical information about the webcasts
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
danpass

Post by danpass »

kd7mha wrote:
leebri1 wrote:Does anyone know how to gain access to the streaming server so I can download a previous webcast? The FAQ on the software says that someone with authority can view the list of webcasts so they must be held on the server for a while.

the list mentioned is at webcast.ldschurch.org
but it is only a list of current and historical information about the webcasts

I was not aware of that page. I just logged in (I'm a STS) and the Historical Webcasts section is empty, even though we have done more than a few webcasts over the last couple of years. It has been 2 or 3 months since our last one, so perhaps I should only expect the list to be populated with very recent webcasts that are still cached on the servers.
meetinghouse webcast authorization.jpg
meetinghouse webcast authorization.jpg (12.15 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
I would be interested to know if the historical list is empty for others and if your list is populated, does it seem to list all your webcasts or just recent ones?

As for the OP's question about saving the webcast while it is being streamed, you could use a recording device to capture the same feed that you are sending out for the webcast. Keep in mind that, unless the presiding authority gives permission to the contrary, we are typically not authorized to record meetings originating from a chapel. (my recollection, I can't seem to find a reference to back this up...)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

danpass wrote: Keep in mind that, unless the presiding authority gives permission to the contrary, we are typically not authorized to record meetings originating from a chapel. (my recollection, I can't seem to find a reference to back this up...)

That would be 8.4.15 in Handbook 1.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
danpass

Post by danpass »

aebrown wrote:That would be 8.4.15 in Handbook 1.

Thanks! That explains why I couldn't find the reference. (no online access to Handbook 1)
mamadsen

Post by mamadsen »

danpass wrote:(no online access to Handbook 1)
Online access to Handbook 1 is available but you need to log in and have the appropriate role.
danpass

Post by danpass »

mamadsen wrote:Online access to Handbook 1 is available but you need to log in and have the appropriate role.

Thanks, I'm aware of that. I should have been more specific and said that as an assistant stake clerk (STS), I do not have online access to Handbook 1.

However, I did just find a WIKI page which mentions the policy I was referring to in my first post in this thread. This WIKI page also contains the following statement:
Additional general direction regarding use of cameras, recordings, and the use of technology can be found in Handbook 1: Stake Presidents and Bishops.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”