Suggestion for Timeline Tool in NFS

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
marlattrj-p40

Suggestion for Timeline Tool in NFS

Post by marlattrj-p40 »

While working on my family's genealogy website I found a great timeline tool, SMILE Timeline, built using AJAX. The API is very simaler to the Google Map API, and is licensed under the BSD license. This could be very easily integrated into the NFS site. Unfortunately I missed the beta for NFS so I don't know what type of timeline is being used if any. I would suggest taking a look at it as it is very interactive and slick. My family uses The Next Generation to share our genealogy and I am working on Mashing SMILE Timeline with TNG this weekend.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

marlattrj wrote:While working on my family's genealogy website I found a great timeline tool, SMILE Timeline, built using AJAX. The API is very simaler to the Google Map API, and is licensed under the BSD license. This could be very easily integrated into the NFS site. Unfortunately I missed the beta for NFS so I don't know what type of timeline is being used if any. I would suggest taking a look at it as it is very interactive and slick. My family uses The Next Generation to share our genealogy and I am working on Mashing SMILE Timeline with TNG this weekend.
Very cool. I was thinking of creating something like this for something totally different...a timeline of "computer use" at the Church. I'll look into it.

Tom
damarisfish-p40

Post by damarisfish-p40 »

Look at the Life Browser here. I think they are open to suggestions.
http://labs.familysearch.org/
tdeforest

Post by tdeforest »

WelchTC wrote:Very cool. I was thinking of creating something like this for something totally different...a timeline of "computer use" at the Church. I'll look into it.

Tom

Tom, did you ever build a timeline of computer use at the church?

Return to “Family History”