New Calendar - Stake Level Permissions

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
heyring

New Calendar - Stake Level Permissions

Post by heyring »

I am on the High Council in charge of training new building schedulers. We are utilizing the new calendar.
How can I, as a Stake Leader gain access to all of the Stake's Calendars so that I will not only be able to see them, but change anything and everything that I need to see and change under my stewardship?
Currently, all I can see is the Stake Calendar and my own Ward's calendar.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

heyring wrote:I am on the High Council in charge of training new building schedulers. We are utilizing the new calendar.
How can I, as a Stake Leader gain access to all of the Stake's Calendars so that I will not only be able to see them, but change anything and everything that I need to see and change under my stewardship?
Currently, all I can see is the Stake Calendar and my own Ward's calendar.
Assuming the stake president approves, the stake clerk can enter you in MLS with the standard calling "Stake Website Administrator." It will take a couple of days, but then you should be an approver (meaning administrator) over all stake calendars.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:Assuming the stake president approves, the stake clerk can enter you in MLS with the standard calling "Stake Website Administrator." It will take a couple of days, but then you should be an approver (meaning administrator) over all stake calendars.
Unlike the classic LUWS, a stake website administrator only has approver rights for stake calendars (new calendar). Currently there is no provision for a stake approver to have approver rights for ward/branch calendars (new calendar).

See the Rights and Rolesin the (new) calendar Help for further information.

Viewing the calendars of other wards is another matter. The instructions to view the calendars of another ward are provided in the calendar Help at View Calendars of Other Wards.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kcushing

Post by kcushing »

aebrown wrote:Assuming the stake president approves, the stake clerk can enter you in MLS with the standard calling "Stake Website Administrator." It will take a couple of days, but then you should be an approver (meaning administrator) over all stake calendars.
Or from the web site he can just go in under "options" and "manage rights" and add you to the list. We did this for our High Councilor over scheduling.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kcushing wrote:Or from the web site he can just go in under "options" and "manage rights" and add you to the list. We did this for our High Councilor over scheduling.
That's not quite the same thing. The OP said he needed to be able to "change anything and everything that I need to see and change." But an approver added by another approver is not a default approver, and thus cannot add other approvers. If, however, the ability to add other approvers is not needed, then you're right that adding a new approver under Manage Rights is just as good.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”