Old on-line directory household members showing but not in new on-line directory

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
dougnlizt

Old on-line directory household members showing but not in new on-line directory

Post by dougnlizt »

I apologize if this was already asked, as I'm sure it has been, but I could not find it... is there a reason why other household members for wards other than my own are not showing in the new on-line directory? I went to the 'classic' lds.org to check that directory, and I can see other household members from other wards. Thanks.

Doug.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dougnlizt wrote:I apologize if this was already asked, as I'm sure it has been, but I could not find it... is there a reason why other household members for wards other than my own are not showing in the new on-line directory? I went to the 'classic' lds.org to check that directory, and I can see other household members from other wards. Thanks.

Children (I think that means under 18) in households of wards other than your own are not visible to most members in the directory. That is indeed different from the classic ward and stake websites, but was a conscious decision for privacy reasons. See this post.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dougnlizt

Post by dougnlizt »

OK, thank you for clearing that up! Doug.

Return to “General Discussions”