Cannot login to MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
schestev

Cannot login to MLS

Post by schestev »

I am the Stake Tech Spec.

I got a call this afternoon to come and take a look. All users for this Ward are listed, including mine, but no one can login. The "Invalid Entry" for wrong username/password box pops up.
On a long-shot, I tried the Missing Users trick with no luck.
I moved the Unit# folder out of MLS to c:\ to try and force a New Unit generation..and still no luck.
Downloaded v3.3.0 and installed over existing v3.2.4...same results.
Uninstalled MLS and installed fresh download v3.3.0, rebooting after each...still the same.
Thought of maybe trying to go back to a Restore Point, but there are none.
So, short of dumping the OS and re-installing everything from scratch, anyone have an idea? If possible, saving the active data base is desirable. Otherwise, the last backup I can find is two weeks old.

Thanks!
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I've seen this a few times. Each time it was something different to fix it. You might want to go through the troubleshooting steps of restoring lost user names. I would recommend going back to MLS 3.2.4 as you try troubleshooting as the wiki and all the known recovery options were written for that file structure. 3.3 has changed the structure and nothing will be in the same location and the overall folder structure is different as well.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The issue is an MLS issue. Using a restore point (an OS recovery procedure) and reinstalling the OS will only create more work than is necessary. There may be registry issues but not likely for this situation. The most likely cause of the problem is a database corruption issue. Since there is a significant change between MLS version 3.2.4 and version 3.3.0, installing 3.3 overtop of 3.2.4 will not fix the underlying database problem. You may have inadvertently created more work by installing 3.3 on top of 3.2.4. When there is a database problem such as this, restoring from a previous backup has been the recommended recovery method.

I would contact LUS for this issue. They may recommend you restore from the last good backup. If they do, you will need to either rename the folder C:\Program Files\LDS Church or copy it to another location to recover certain information when needed. Then uninstall MLS 3.3 and install MLS 3.2.4 and set it up. Once an administrator account has been established you can restore the backup. At this point I am not familiar with CUBS and MLS restoration. Under CFAR you would have to re-enter all the data since the backup. I am not certain that is necessary for the financial part under CUBS. Others may know the answer to this.

In any case contacting LUS is going to be necessary for some part of this issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jhb5731

No users in login glitch

Post by jhb5731 »

Hi, my name is Jeff. Just put in as 2nd in Bishopric last week. In trying to log in MLS yesterday, no one can get in, no one even listed now on login list. I am very novice to MLS, we just need to get it up and running. We can't do tithing or fast offerings yet, called tech assistance but closed until tomorrow (Tues).

Any ideas? They were in the system on 1/1/11 and it was working fine. Help!!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Check Lost user names (MLS) in the Wiki.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Be sure to have your ward clerk or someone from the previous bishopric around to help. You'll need someone with admin access and familiar with MLS to help you through the recovery.
cjspalace

Post by cjspalace »

Call the help line in Salt Lake City, they can help you restore your user name file.
hainef2

Re: Cannot login to MLS

Post by hainef2 »

im the second counselor to the blanch president
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot login to MLS

Post by russellhltn »

hainef2 wrote:im the second counselor to the blanch president
Assuming we're taking about the MLS program on the ward computer, someone will have to create a login for you. It is NOT your LDS account, and access is not automatic.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”