Calendar sync with Google -- should we avoid?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jglanfield

Calendar sync with Google -- should we avoid?

Post by jglanfield »

I know there are several threads on the topic of calendar syncing. I've made changes to our online calendar several times over the past few weeks. I've even unsubscribed from the calendar (in my Google calendar account) and resubscribed, but the changes do not show.

Bottom line is that syncing is useless for us. We don't make many changes to the stake calendar, but we do coordinate our travel as a presidency using the new LDS calendar.

Any thoughts?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jglanfield wrote:I know there are several threads on the topic of calendar syncing. I've made changes to our online calendar several times over the past few weeks. I've even unsubscribed from the calendar (in my Google calendar account) and resubscribed, but the changes do not show.

Bottom line is that syncing is useless for us. We don't make many changes to the stake calendar, but we do coordinate our travel as a presidency using the new LDS calendar.
Several people have had success with the Workaround to fix calendar sync problems. Have you tried that?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jglanfield

Post by jglanfield »

Thanks for that suggestion. I'm happy to use that workaround for myself. But it will be tiresome to try to get our entire presidency and high council on board, especially since many struggle with technology :)

But thanks for passing that along. Hopefully the issue will be resolved at some point
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jglanfield wrote:Thanks for that suggestion. I'm happy to use that workaround for myself. But it will be tiresome to try to get our entire presidency and high council on board, especially since many struggle with technology :)

But thanks for passing that along. Hopefully the issue will be resolved at some point
Well put -- that suggestion is only a workaround, and really isn't appropriate for the entire stake and ward leadership. What I hope is that the analysis behind that workaround will help the developers do a permanent fix.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”