Visual audio meter not working, but audio is being broadcast

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
brettbkg

Visual audio meter not working, but audio is being broadcast

Post by brettbkg »

I recently purchased a Windows 7 home x64 system, and I'm trying to get Meetinghouse Webcast set up on it. I'm using Meetinghouse v. 2.1 with the 64 bit WM Encoder (with much thanks to one of you who helped me find the WMEx64).

In my test broadcasts, the broadcast is received fine with video and audio, however, on the broadcasting end (my end), the visual audio meter isn't working. So yes, the audio is being sent out, I just get no indication on my end of it how loud the audio input is. I like to be able to see the audio input level to make sure it's not too quiet or too loud that it's going to be distorted.

As it stands now, I'm sure I can get it to work, just not with the ease I did before on my old laptop (which would periodically freeze broadcasting, so that's not much of a better option).

Has anyone else out there experienced this? Any great solutions?

Thanks y'all.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

brettbkg wrote:In my test broadcasts, the broadcast is received fine with video and audio, however, on the broadcasting end (my end), the visual audio meter isn't working. So yes, the audio is being sent out, I just get no indication on my end of it how loud the audio input is. I like to be able to see the audio input level to make sure it's not too quiet or too loud that it's going to be distorted.
As it stands now, I'm sure I can get it to work, just not with the ease I did before on my old laptop (which would periodically freeze broadcasting, so that's not much of a better option).
Has anyone else out there experienced this? Any great solutions?
I have seen this every time we have run a broadcast. I think that it is a bug in the software on Windows 7.
If you right click on the speaker icon down by the clock and click on "Recording Devices" you will get a list of the input devices on the system and show their audio levels.

Aaron Z
brettbkg

Post by brettbkg »

Many thanks. I'll try it out that way. Yesterday, I just opened up a broadcast on the computer while it was broadcasting to check the sound levels. You can't exactly do volume changes and see immediate results with the delay, but it wasn't a big deal. I think it'll work better that way though. Thanks for the help (again)!

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”