new strength of youth media 2011

Use this forum to share and discuss ideas that do not fall into a specific audiovisual media type.
farwest

new strength of youth media 2011

Post by farwest »

just wondering where you get more of these dvd's. I look all over for them on the website and cannot find them. We need more if they are going to be effective.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

If you're thinking another 'Brand New Year' installment, none was announced that I knew of. The last two are on lds.org, 2010's is on youth.lds.org and the 2009 material is buried somewhere, it's hard to find.

That said, the 2010 one should still be availble for units to order, I would think.
farwest

Post by farwest »

we just got sent a dvd "we believe" 2011 introducing the ym and yw theme with segments to use throughout the year. We need more of them to use throughout the year.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

The only official word I've seen is that all of the material will be available online for download at youth.lds.org early in 2011. Of course, how early in 2011 is yet to be seen. :)

You might want to check with the church about making your own copies for ward/stake use. Although I can't speak for them, I would think it would be acceptable since they will be releasing the material for free download very soon anyway.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gerritm

Strength of Youth sheet music

Post by gerritm »

Where can we obtain sheet music for the songs introduced in the new DVD for the 2011 theme?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

gerritm wrote:Where can we obtain sheet music for the songs introduced in the new DVD for the 2011 theme?
I know last year the only song they made the sheet music available for was the 2010 theme song, "Be Strong" (it can still be found HERE), but I have no idea when 2011's sheet music will be made available and if it will be just the theme song again. I would guess at or near the time when the DVD will be available, which was discussed earlier in this thread.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Last year we ordered more copies of the Brand New Year for Stake YM/YW - however, this year I was told by distribution that the DVD would not be available to order. As I looked at the DVD there was a commercial stamp IRR, has anyone asked about making copies and distributing?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

JohnShaw wrote:As I looked at the DVD there was a commercial stamp IRR, has anyone asked about making copies and distributing?
I think you may have meant "IRI", which is Intellectual Reserve, Inc. They are wholly owned by the church and hold the church's intellectual property, including copyrights, and trademarks.

I contacted them today and asked about the legalities of copying the 2011 Brand New Year DVD for personal/church use and the answer I got was it would take some time to research, but if they make it available for download from the church's website, that's a good indication it's OK to copy for non-commercial use.
farwest

Post by farwest »

what is the best way to copy them?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

farwest wrote:what is the best way to copy them?
I have to assume that by asking that question, you have obtained the proper permission to do so. Unfortunately, the answer to your question is probably beyond the scope of this forum as it really depends on your system. However, if you start HERE, I'm sure you can find a solution that will match your system's OS and capabilities.

Return to “General Media Discussions”